Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Freaking out! Please tell me this is normal. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453298)

emerino 10-12-2012 09:22 PM

Freaking out! Please tell me this is normal.

I had an ultrasound yesterday, I thought I was 9 weeks, but no heartbeat, but otherwise normal US for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 week pregnancy. So we figured I ovulated late and tested very early. Still, the last time we DTD before testing was sep 2nd which puts me at 7-1/2 weeks, if I'm calculating correctly.

Fast forward to today. Woke up with a small amount of brownish pink discharge. Had a little pink last night after DTD. Today I have had consistent brownish pink discharge, although it is still a small amount. I just checked and there was red mixed with the brown. Cue the freaking out part. If it weren't for the no heartbeat US, I'd probably chalk it up to normal. Should I call the hospital or wait it out? I have no cramping and normal pregnancy nausea.

Fishie Kisses 10-12-2012 09:27 PM

if that's the ONLY day you DTD before your BFP, then you would be 7-8wks (depending if you O'd several days after DTD, or it's possible you O'd the day after DTD and still caught the egg. Anyway, I'm leaning toward 7wks if your u/s was normal for being about 6.5 weeks along. If you start cramping or it gets heavier, I would definitely call. :hugs:

ingrid5699 10-12-2012 10:42 PM

Re: Freaking out! Please tell me this is normal.

Did you have a vaginal u/s? Because that can definitely cause the spotting.
Hope baby is just slow to grow and things are fine.

keen1981 10-12-2012 10:48 PM

Fwiw, my bean grew SLOW at first. But an ultrasound at 10 weeks showed him right where he needed to be. A week bigger.

I'd wait to see if your flow gets heavier.

emerino 10-13-2012 06:51 AM

Thanks, y'all! I feel much better today. Part of my hysteria was because I was exhausted. There was a very small amount of brownish pink this morning. Still feel nauseous and pregnant :). The US has totally thrown me off. I go back for another one on Friday...it's gonna be a long week.

emerino 10-13-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingrid5699
Did you have a vaginal u/s? Because that can definitely cause the spotting.
Hope baby is just slow to grow and things are fine.

It was abdominal. It seems like she should have done a vaginal one after not being able to see much, especially when we thought I was 9 weeks.

ingrid5699 10-13-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerino (Post 15805883)
It was abdominal. It seems like she should have done a vaginal one after not being able to see much, especially when we thought I was 9 weeks.

Oh I definitely wouldn't worry about baby measuring off then. My OB doesn't even try abdominal until past 10-12w

my2sweets 10-13-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerino

My ob told me before my dating us at 7wks that abdominal us can be a bit off in the very begining since baby is so tiny and if you have any fluff at all you may not see a heartbeat until later and baby may appear even smaller. I dont have any fluff and we did see a heart beat but baby still looked to be 8days behind(very sure of my dates) but by 10wks baby was measuring right on. Its also common to have some brownish discharge in the begining especially after dtd.

It will be a long wk Im sure :hugs: but try not to worry mama

abunchoflemons 10-13-2012 08:33 AM

I was told cramping & bleed is a definite call & check I but my cramp.s were like someone was trying to rip out my uterus so I went in to be sure. I didn't have nausea this 3rd time at all compared to tons with first 2 & they were girls but no cramps. Btb could be cervix irritation if ur so penetrated. Was it a regular u/s or vag? That might have been difference if results. We started with one & switched to the other & at like 6 weeks got heartbeat vaginally. Depends on ur tech too I have noticed.

canadianbakers 10-13-2012 08:35 AM

:hugs: Any bleeding/spotting is really scary in pregnancy, even when you're "expecting" it (like after DTD or a vag u/s).

Things really could go either way for you. :pray: your bean is growing a bunch in there and the spotting is unrelated.

If you do have more spotting/bleeding, especially with cramping, it's really up to you whether to call or go in, or to just let things continue at home.
Personally (I've had 5 miscarriages before 6 weeks) I went to the Dr and emerg with one of our miscarriages. It was horrid, and really useless, and just ended up making me feel worse. I have never had any "problems" miscarrying, so I would just stay at home and let things pass naturally. They can't do anything to stop things and just end up putting you through exams and tests and u/s, all for nothing.