Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anybody have AMP diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453311)

luckycharm8106 10-12-2012 09:49 PM

Anybody have AMP diapers?

I am loving some of the AMP prints, but do they work well? Do they leak? Since they have the little frilly on the legs, it would make me think it may leak out the legs easily? If you have them, what's your favorite to stuff in them? I'm looking at the pockets mostly because of the cute print.

Catbutt Diapers 10-12-2012 10:07 PM

Re: Anybody have AMP diapers?

I have some old style AMP diapers and all I can say is that after 4 kids (with 1-to-2 years storage between each), washing on hot, using bleach, and using the dryer more than I should, they are still going VERY strong

armywife21 10-12-2012 10:19 PM

I haven't personally used AMP diapers but I will say that I LOVE our fitteds that have frilly edges around the legs they don't leak and they aren't hard as other elastics are as far as leaving red marks at least in our expierence. :)

Saharan 10-12-2012 10:27 PM

I do t personally use them but a friend does and loves them. I don't think her daughter is a heavy wetter though.

luckycharm8106 10-12-2012 10:31 PM

I am definitely thinking about getting one to try out probably with a bamboo insert. Goodness, too many cute diapers out there!!

tentrevival 10-12-2012 10:47 PM

I love them. we have some AI2s and some Duos. The ruffle makes the elastic really soft, like a previous mama said. the inside is microfleece so it doesn't sick or leak. ours look like new, and i love that they come in so many colors. we needed a little more absorbency than the inserts they make. I've used them with flats, dsq prefolds, my inserts that are like theirs but bigger, and double stuffed for night with flats and clotheeze stay dry hemp doublers. They are super stretchy so they fit trimly, but for a long growing period, and you can put a little or a lot in them and they still fit well. They are not our main cover only because the microfleece gets damp when the diaper is wet and can smell and not be reused as many times as exposed PUL covers.

Lagoon Baby 10-12-2012 10:55 PM

LOVE AMPs! Made in Canada, used with a 3 layer hemp at night is bullet proof, cute prints, no red marks. All round awesome diaper. The 'frills' around legs have never been an issue at all.

Lagoon Baby 10-12-2012 10:56 PM

We should be getting restocked with the OS Duos on Monday or Tues. :)

mms1972 10-13-2012 06:15 AM

I have some AI2s I bought from their site as seconds and love them! They fit my chunk great! One of the only that don't leave crazy red marks on her!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum

Luvingmy4boys 10-13-2012 06:20 AM

I'd love to know about the AMP Stay dry AIOs. They look as easy as sposies but wondering about the drying time or stink issues with the microfiber core.