Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What can you use woolies over? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453395)

Gabrielsmama 10-13-2012 09:21 AM

What can you use woolies over?

so...my DS is 3 months now and before he was born, I bought all kinds of CD's to try out--pockets, AIOs, fitteds and covers, prefolds and woolies. Now he's grown out from his NB diapers and after having some knowledge of what I like, I've come down to streamlining to AIO's/AI2's and some pockets only (will sell my prefolds/fitteds/covers). With most of my woolies...don't know. I have some I'm so attached to (:D) even though I've never used any of them!

My question is...can you use woolies (I have f.ex. Disanas, Aristocrats and Ruskovilla and a few others) as a nighttime solution over an AIO/AI2? Or should I buy a good fitted specifically for nighttime? The AIOs I have are mainly BGs (4.0, Elementals, Freetimes), Grovias, Bottombumpers.

So far he's been in sposies at night (no leaks), before when he was younger I had nighttime leaks ALL the time with cloth. I had them during daytime too though...now changing my stash a bit has made it better.

I guess I could try for one night how does he do with f.ex. BG and if leaks, then add a woolie over it...good or bad idea?

OrangeBananas 10-13-2012 10:21 AM

Re: What can you use woolies over?

Technically you can use wool over anything you want. Using wool over AIO/AI2 will help if there is any diaper leakage :).

PerfectFifth 10-13-2012 10:37 AM

I mainly use wool as pants over pockets. :giggle: I don't have any great fitteds for budget reasons, so I'm not much help there, but I have put woolies over a night-stuffed pocket for my 4 mo, and it worked fine. Don't be afraid to try new things, I promise the cloth diaper police won't come after you. :mrgreen:

Mom2ManyBlessings 10-13-2012 10:38 AM

I used wool over PUL at nights many times through the years for super soakers, it get whatever leak out. :)

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos. :)

qsefthuko 10-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectFifth (Post 15806569)
I mainly use wool as pants over pockets. :giggle: I don't have any great fitteds for budget reasons, so I'm not much help there, but I have put woolies over a night-stuffed pocket for my 4 mo, and it worked fine. Don't be afraid to try new things, I promise the cloth diaper police won't come after you. :mrgreen:

Wool over PUL!!!:gonnagetit::gonnagetit:

You have the right to wear cotton. You have the right to:p

PerfectFifth 10-13-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 15806595)
Wool over PUL!!!:gonnagetit::gonnagetit:

You have the right to wear cotton. You have the right to:p

EEP! I'll never do it again, officer! :afraid:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

tasundance 10-13-2012 10:58 AM

My kids wear wool over pockets, ails, and fitteds.

armywife21 10-13-2012 11:09 AM

We rock our wool over everything. My first choice is fitteds but sometimes he will wear a pocket and still wear his wool pants over it. No harm :)

Any way to get your moneys worth is worth it in my eyes hahah!

holocene 10-13-2012 12:00 PM

We only use it over fitteds or prefolds. I've never thought to use it over pockets or AIO's... wouldn't that become super hot? I know wool is breathable, but PUL isn't that breathable, and with a wool layer on top of that... it just seems really warm, no?

Gabrielsmama 10-13-2012 12:33 PM

Aww, thanks for all the replies so far :) :)