Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Help! Need a diaper cover for 35lb toddler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453396)

Bellaroo 10-13-2012 09:26 AM

Help! Need a diaper cover for 35lb toddler

I'm in desperate need of suggestions for what to do for my 35lb DS.

I just sold off my entire stash (all Flips) for a couple of reasons. First, I had super cloth fatigue and was getting tired of wrestling my son to change him. I've started to buy pull-ups. Second, he is so big that the Flip covers that I bought in the spring were quickly going to need to be replaced if I kept using them in such a small rotation (I only had six). I didn't want to have to buy new covers in 6 months so I sold the entire lot.

I was happy for a week then my husband lost his job.

Now the thought of buying disposables is freaking me out.

I have a bunch of flats that I could use but no covers. Any suggestions for an inexpensive cover that will fit a 35lb toddler? I've got a very limited used market where I live so that's not really an option. Also, I live in Canada so shipping from the States can be an issue.

Thanks!

Yianna79 10-13-2012 09:29 AM

Re: Help! Need a diaper cover for 35lb toddler

Well I'm not sure about cost but I have a blueberry coverall one size that seems huge at the biggest setting.
Thirsties sized covers may be a good option too.

firststella 10-13-2012 09:55 AM

I would suggest a Capri cover. It is huge on the bisggest setting, but price is $19.
Some time ago, I had a Econobum cover in my hands, I dont remember well but it seemed huge too.

bigmamakelsey 10-13-2012 10:03 AM

Bummis superlite, size large. They're really big! They fit my son until 36lbs when he started PLing, and could have fit for even longer.

ETA: The bummis superbrite size large is also big. Another thing to try, XXL imse vimse cover, or S/L nikky covers.

mommytoreanne 10-13-2012 10:22 AM

Tweedle bug covers are cheap and are snaps.

PerfectFifth 10-13-2012 10:46 AM

If you or somebody you know are handy with a sewing machine, maybe upcycled woolies would be a good option.

Bellaroo 10-13-2012 11:53 AM

Thanks for the ideas! Off to google...

Servant4Christ 10-13-2012 11:57 AM

Diaper Rite covers! Capris will fit but are pricey and I'm personally not a fan of the fit.... sortof too lowrise in front and too high in the back no matter how much I tried to adjust it. DRs are way cheaper than capris and fit my 32lbers with plenty of room to grow. We use them with padfolded rcv'ing blanket flats and just add a hemp doubler for nights. Everything washes and dries super fast and the simplicity just can't be beat.

kirst 10-13-2012 12:15 PM

Definately not econobum....I have one and it is quite small (more like a Flip). I don't think it would fit past 35 lbs. I second the Blueberry Coverall idea. I am waiting on one I bought (new) on eBay for $16 (shipping brought it to under $20). They are pretty big and good quality PUL. There are still more on eBay right now if you just went there and searched.

Bellaroo 10-13-2012 01:06 PM

Thanks again, everyone! I just ordered some Bummis Super Lites. Shipping was free and they should be here next week. :)