Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone simplified to Prefolds/Flats and love it? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453416)

Mom2ManyBlessings 10-13-2012 10:35 AM

Anyone simplified to Prefolds/Flats and love it?

Right now I only reach for prefolds. I hate pockets (except for nights) and I just dont have enough. Im thinking of selling all my pockets, fitteds, AIOs and using just Prefolds and Flats with covers. Has anyone done this? Did you continue to love it? Talk me into or out of this :giggle:

PS - I would keep pockets for nights and a few natural fiber AIOs for the diaper bag.

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos. :)

FriedaT 10-13-2012 11:20 AM

I have and I love it! I do have a dozen workhorse fitteds for DH and the diaper bag, but I could easily do without them (and did do without them for several months). Now all we have are flats, prefolds, some workhorse fitteds, hemp doublers, and wool covers. I love how easy it is to get everything clean, that I don't have to worry about ruining anything, and that I have an all natural stash.

ETA: We went all flats and prefolds in March and added the workhorses right at the end of GMD's workhorse sale.

tinyblackdot 10-13-2012 11:29 AM

Re: Anyone simplified to Prefolds/Flats and love it?

DD is currently not in diapers, BUT we went from pockets and AIOs to 100% all prefolds and covers, and i LOVED it!

I was sooooo sick of microfiber stink, and synthetic fibers, it was soooo much easier to wash, and take care of and still had the cute factor with the covers.

Servant4Christ 10-13-2012 11:39 AM

We switched from pockets to flats with covers and use them exclusively no matter where we are (running errands, traveling, ect...) I love my pockets but found flats and covers that work for us and fit ds great just as he was outgrowing them... I haven't sold off our pockets yet but they haven't been used in about 4 months now.

MrsS 10-13-2012 01:10 PM

You know once my kids reach 18 months or so I switch to pf and flats with Flips and Duo's pretty much exclusively. There are pockets for daddy if he wants one but I don't like em. I like stay dry pockets for the 3-7 month old peeing constantly stage. Because I like that I don't have to change the pocket 2 times an hour because baby doesn't like being wet ever. I change frequently but the stay dry factor helps when they are peeing constantly. After they get close to 2 they start peeing more but less frequently and the stay dry is not good since it delays potty learning. Plus natural fibers clean best and well I just love the simplicity. But I won't give up pockets for the early stages.

KlRegist 10-13-2012 01:33 PM

We are in the process of switching from pockets to prefolds. We did NOT love the stinky microfiber and the constant search for the right detergent and the stuffing. So far we are loving the simplicity of the prefolds and the ease of washing and changing diapers and the lack of stuffing. Now we just need to bulk up our stash of prefolds and covers and sell off all the pockets:)

mariamommy 10-13-2012 02:30 PM

I mostly do this (prefolds at home). Flats inside pockets. I use BG pockets stuffed on my kid in diapers when we are out of the house running errands or elsewhere because it is stay dry. I don't like leaving them wet in a prefold if I can't get somewhere to change them right away like I can do when I'm at home.

lovebabies 10-13-2012 03:37 PM

Prefolds and covers are my main stash as well. I love them! I have a handful of pockets that we use occasionally, and a few fitteds that we almost never use, because pfs and covers are just so easy! I snappi them, and add several hemp doublers for nighttime.

lalaith 10-13-2012 06:18 PM

Flats in covers (I pad fold) are my favorite thing EVER. I hated how long it took every thing else to dry and how hard it was to get stuff clean.

stephcrouse 10-13-2012 06:34 PM

Yes! We have simplified to prefolds and covers or wool. Love it!