Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Gymboree, Osh Kosh, Gap, etc (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453449)

Ebeuchat 10-13-2012 02:05 PM

Gymboree, Osh Kosh, Gap, etc

Tell me your secrets for getting awesome deals at higher end kids clothing stores?! I love the cute looks but buying for 3 kids is killing me!

tmwmommy 10-13-2012 02:10 PM

Coupons in parenting magazines, watching for sales, buying ahead on clearance.

cherylchoo 10-13-2012 04:21 PM

Re: Gymboree, Osh Kosh, Gap, etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmwmommy (Post 15807019)
Coupons in parenting magazines, watching for sales, buying ahead on clearance.

This and going to the outlet malls with these brands. They often have completely different sales and coupons of their own. And depending on the outlet mall itself, that location might have coupons specific to that location.

momomom 10-13-2012 04:52 PM

Yes, clearance for next year. And if you find a good consignment shop with reasonable prices, that works too. Consignment shops are usually about what I'd pay on clearance ata a store, so I but like new things there. I find a lot of super-cheap like-new hanna andersson at my nearby consignment shop, which is amazing.

greek4 10-13-2012 06:13 PM

sales, coupons, outlets, buying a season ahead.

L J 10-13-2012 06:53 PM

I buy for little ones a year ahead.

But with Gap in particular, this is what I do. It's not very Dave Ramsey, but it works for me.

I have a Gap Visa. I put all of my monthly bills on it. Including rent, that's close to $1000. So, I earn $20 a month or so in rewards. I pay the bill in full every month so never any interest. I pay it as soon as it I put it on there, basically.

They do double and triple points sometimes, and just by having the card I get 40% off coupons nearly every month.

SenoraE 10-13-2012 07:29 PM

I always go through ebates and have a coupon code. I also buy at the end of the season when things are on clearance for the next year.

Hands&Fire Pottery 10-13-2012 08:11 PM

We buy it secondhand-

kcassemom 10-13-2012 09:03 PM

I watch for sales, use coupons, and buy used. My kids clothes are 80% gymboree, 10% crazy 8, 5% gap and 5% other.

Gymboree- I buy during sales and use coupons or gymbucks. Twice a year Gymboree has the red balloon sale. During that sale they have pants for as low as $3.99, jeans as low as $6.99 and most shirts around $3/$4. I also combine that with a 20% off coupon. Also this weekend Gymboree is having a 50% off the current clearance price of select items. A lot of it is summer items, so I bought about $300 worth for next summer for only $35 with my 20% off coupon on Friday :). I also joined a couple of Facebook gymboree resell sites. If you watch for the auctions, you can get some good deals! (I got jeans for $5 plus ship during one!)

Gap- again watch for sales. They will run extra xx% off clearance sometimes or my store will match online sales.

Crazy 8- always has a great clearance section, and often has a 20% coupon out!

Lovely_Mom 10-14-2012 04:59 AM

Clearance + Coupons + Magazine coupons + Keep an eye on all deals for those stores. This saves me a lot of bucks.