Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Anyone using Method Laundry Detergent? And yup, I did a search first, lol! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453623)

Resellmybelle 10-13-2012 11:35 PM

Anyone using Method Laundry Detergent? And yup, I did a search first, lol!

I tried to search for this topic, but could not find much on it.

I bought the smallest container, makes about 8 loads of the fresh air fragrance.

Did my first load tonight (not diapers, but yes mama cloth), ran a sanitize cycle in the wash. The clothes came out of the dryer smelling so fabulous and feeling really soft and the clothes appeared bright and clean. I did not add softener.

Just wondering if anyone else is using this, enjoying it?

How long have you used it and have you had any problems with it?

Did anyone not like it?

Are there other Method products I should try?

I like the fact that the packaging does not take up so much space and I can buy refillable pouches and keep the same containers each time. Much less waste.

I have made my own liquid detergent with borax, washing soda and bar soap, but it never comes out very clean.

redlichen 10-14-2012 12:01 AM

Re: Anyone using Method Laundry Detergent? And yup, I did a search first, lol!

I used to use this for all baby laundry (including diapers) 4 years ago when they had the rice milk & mallow scent. I loved it just for the smell. AND it cleaned well but I am all about the smell I wish they still made that babyriffic scent.

Resellmybelle 10-14-2012 12:41 AM

I was just shopping around smelling different detergents and softeners at Target looking for something new. The scent I got did not even smell so hot in the bottle, but wow do the clothes smell good. Yum! I am glad I took a chance.

Wish I could have tried the baby scent. I open the bottle of dreft and sniff it every time I am at Target like a sicko crazy lady. It is so pricey. Otherwise I would use it for all my laundry.

NoMoreJunk 10-15-2012 03:41 AM

We've used Method free and clear for about a year and a half now. We switched back to commercial detergent after I noticed a trend of random holes in clothes (they started appearing a couple years after starting to make my own). I love the method. Our clothes are very clean. I love the refill pouches, so little waste! I also really like the pumper bottle, but I found that the four pumps make way too many suds in our machine. I use 1 1/2 pumps and it's perfect.

Resellmybelle 10-16-2012 11:03 PM

That is really good to know about how much to use. I have been pretty generous, since I have been loving the fragrance. We have an extra huge capacity lg front loader, so I usually can pack two "regular" washer loads into one and have been using four pumps. So far I have been too preoccupied to go back and check for suds, but next time, I will make the effort.

Sorry about the holes in your clothing from homemade. I just found my formula a) did not smell so great and b) did not make my brights bright or whites white and c) did not remove stains

I still have TONS of homemade liquid left to use. At least it was fun to make with my dd, she loved the borax flubber part.

wordbox 10-17-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlichen (Post 15809096)
I used to use this for all baby laundry (including diapers) 4 years ago when they had the rice milk & mallow scent. I loved it just for the smell. AND it cleaned well but I am all about the smell I wish they still made that babyriffic scent.

I miss that smell! I used the baby wash for my son when he was itty bitty, and it was so nice smelling. I can practically still smell it. :(

Resellmybelle 10-20-2012 09:55 AM

Did it smell like dreft at all?

xtragalactic 01-08-2013 08:44 PM

Still no problems with using Method for cloth diapers?

sma123 01-18-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtragalactic
Still no problems with using Method for cloth diapers?

It smelled more like a marshmallow

Resellmybelle 01-18-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sma123 (Post 16173562)
It smelled more like a marshmallow

That ain't bad either, lol.

I am still loving my method! :lostit:

Have yet to venture to any other scent....still stuck on fresh air.