Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453671)

canadianbakers 10-14-2012 07:48 AM

Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th

:wave: another week!

AFM: 14 weeks today. 3 months today. Welcome, 2nd trimester! :wub:

canadianbakers 10-14-2012 08:03 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 14th-20th

from last week's thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunawayBunny (Post 15806745)
We are out of town for a good friend of DH's wedding! It is nice, but not what I wanted to do this weekend. It's also a very proper wedding and is making me kind of awkward. For example, its a no children allowed, destination wedding. They have hired babysitters which is thoughtful, but one of the moms has a young, exclusively nursing babe. They said she could bring the baby, but without telling her they hired a sitter to hold the baby in another room for the ceremony. The mom still doesnt know. Yeah, no way I would leave my four month old with a stranger. Anyway, rant over.

OMGosh. Seriously? And they didn't tell the mama?!
No flippin' way would I be going along with that. No way, no how. That is really rude and horrid of them to just do all that without parents' input.

Gosh. Man, this really makes me angry. Honestly. :yuck:
You said it's a destination wedding - I assume that means the guests had to pay for getting there and whatnot? If I was this other mama, and they tried to force me into this sh!t with the sitter and baby, I'd be sending them a nice bill for a weekend wasted.

Sorry :hide: Seriously. ANGRY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bai18176 (Post 15806754)
My strongest cravings were with my third, and I ate salt and vinegar Kettle brand potato chips like crazy! I paced myself to half a bag a day! I could have easily eaten a whole bag a day! I don't even like potato chips usually.

:yummy: I stinkin' love those chips. Make my mouth raw as heck, but I love 'em!

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrea020611 (Post 15808047)
That is so nice of you! I'm in Ottawa so pretty close to the border, but not the same border that you are close to lol.

:giggle: Nope, notsomuch!

MamaBarton 10-14-2012 06:55 PM

we had a five pound baby at our wedding she was 3 months old but was a 28weeker. and let me tell you i found out she was on her way about 1 minute before i walked down the aisle and i started balling! we could not have been happier that she was there! we had several children at our wedding and wouldnt have had it any other way! i just dont understand how someone could do that to a mother, especially one that traveled to a destination wedding to be there! i would have taken my baby and left, no matter who it was!!!!! i hope she stuck up for herself! ugh people are irritating lol

MamaBarton 10-14-2012 06:58 PM

oh yea.... so my friend (that got me started on cding several years ago with her third- and now has her 4th!) called me to say she was about to list some diapers but i had first dibs! so i am going to see them tomorrow at noon and i cant wait!!!!!

MrsCrafty 10-15-2012 08:39 AM

Tomorrow morning is my 2nd midwife appointment! Very excited! We told our friends this past weekend and most everyone was really excited, some people didn't say anything and only 1 comment about how we already have a boy and a girl and why are we starting over. We had pictures taken yesterday and did get some cute shots with the kids hugging my belly :wub:
It's a short week for me, I'm a school nurse and work M/W/F but theres no school Thursday or Friday, so long weekend! Can't wait! :goodvibes:

canadianbakers 10-15-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaBarton (Post 15811742)
oh yea.... so my friend (that got me started on cding several years ago with her third- and now has her 4th!) called me to say she was about to list some diapers but i had first dibs! so i am going to see them tomorrow at noon and i cant wait!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 15813540)
Tomorrow morning is my 2nd midwife appointment! Very excited! We told our friends this past weekend and most everyone was really excited, some people didn't say anything and only 1 comment about how we already have a boy and a girl and why are we starting over. We had pictures taken yesterday and did get some cute shots with the kids hugging my belly :wub:

That's great that people were excited! :yuck: about the "starting over" comment. yes. everyone who has a boy and a girl stops. right away. UGH!

babyWmom 10-15-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt
It's a short week for me, I'm a school nurse and work M/W/F but theres no school Thursday or Friday, so long weekend! Can't wait! :goodvibes:

I really struggled with the "perfect family" comments when I was pregnant with my daughter. I know I was a bit hormonal, but I really wanted to rip everyone's head off that assumed we were done because we had a boy and a girl. I'm excited to have our tiebreaker. Glad to hear most everyone was supportive and YEAH for a long weekend.

MamaBarton 10-15-2012 09:54 AM

why do people assume that just because you have one of each then you are done?!?! GGRRR how ignorant! we get the Duggar comments when people ask how many we are going to have, because our response is "that's up to God" or "as many as God will give us" then with out fail comes the "are you going to be like the Duggars and have like a 100 kids?" comments or something to that effect. gets old but ya know what i would be honored if God saw fit to bless us with that many children! call me crazy I dont care! lol I dont care what anyone else does so why do people care so much what I do??? ok getting down off soap box now! lol
Sarah

MamaBarton 10-15-2012 10:14 AM

:yay:Going to see the diapers my friend has for sale in T-minus 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!! :hairpull: as i am typing this my dear sweet husband decided to respond to my message asking when he is coming home for lunch and of course the answer is NOW are u kidding me???? doesnt he know i have diapers to look at and buy??? (although i'm pretty sure that is why he picked now to come home so i cant go buy them lol) its a darn good thing he's cute!

mapleleaf88 10-15-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaBarton
we had a five pound baby at our wedding she was 3 months old but was a 28weeker. and let me tell you i found out she was on her way about 1 minute before i walked down the aisle and i started balling! we could not have been happier that she was there! we had several children at our wedding and wouldnt have had it any other way! i just dont understand how someone could do that to a mother, especially one that traveled to a destination wedding to be there! i would have taken my baby and left, no matter who it was!!!!! i hope she stuck up for herself! ugh people are irritating lol

I feel the same! I was a little disappointed that there were only a handful of kids besides mine at my wedding! Of all the wedding pictures my favorite are of our first dance when my stepson joined us, and a picture of my boys playing in the middle of the dance floor together. We purposely had a casual barbeque style wedding at a campground so that it was more kid friendly.
Maybe if we hadn't had kids yet my mind set would have been different though.

12 weeks! This is hopefully the last week that I feel like an invalid! I'm starting to go stir crazy being stuck in the house, but I'm too nauseous to go anywhere.