Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Selling Usborne Books or Scentsy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453682)

MyKzooFamily 10-14-2012 08:50 AM

Selling Usborne Books or Scentsy?

We are under a crunch and I want to find ways to start making more money. Doing things online has not worked out for me (online editing, data entry, mystery shopping, etc.). I'm good with direct sales when it is a product I believe in.

So I'm considering selling Usborne books and Scentsy.

Does anyone currently sell?
Anything that you don't like about the program?
What are the things that are great?
What is your average income per month?
Do you find the product hard to sell in this economy?
Do you offer prizes that you buy yourself? Or offer discounts?

I'd love to hear from people that have or still do it. Or what your experience has been with Usborne books! :)

doulamomma 10-14-2012 08:55 AM

I haven't sold usbornne, but I sell scentsy and love it! Direct sales is a great way to earn money and have flexibility still.

Sent from my droid

MyKzooFamily 10-14-2012 08:57 AM

Re: Selling Usborne Books?

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulamomma (Post 15809759)
I haven't sold usbornne, but I sell scentsy and love it! Direct sales is a great way to earn money and have flexibility still.

Sent from my droid

I have thought about doing Scentsy as well! :D I LOVE anything that smells good! What is their profit % on sales? And how much is the start-up kit? And do you have to keep minimal monthly sales?

MyKzooFamily 10-14-2012 12:16 PM

Anyone else do Usborne?

doulamomma 10-14-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily (Post 15809764)
I have thought about doing Scentsy as well! :D I LOVE anything that smells good! What is their profit % on sales? And how much is the start-up kit? And do you have to keep minimal monthly sales?

Those are some of the reasons i decided to go with scentsy. i had been interested in direct sales for a while but scentsy was just an awesome fit. The startup kit is $99, and you get a ton of product and business supplies. Here is what comes in the start up kit. https://loraparks.scentsy.us/Scentsy...sy_starter_kit
the starting sales comission is 20%. After your first $1000 in sales it goes up to 25%. If you sell more than 2k in any one month you get a bonus 5%.

You only have to place one order, of any size, every six months to stay active. :)

Id love to help youout if you have any more questions.

Here's a link to FAQ
https://loraparks.scentsy.us/Scentsy...sked_questions

5PrincessMommy 10-14-2012 02:10 PM

It's illegal to place things in people's mailboxes without actually mailing. Just wanted to make sure you knew that because when I was a kid I did that with babysitting flyers and got a "warning".

MyKzooFamily 10-14-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy (Post 15810768)
It's illegal to place things in people's mailboxes without actually mailing. Just wanted to make sure you knew that because when I was a kid I did that with babysitting flyers and got a "warning".

Darn. I'd have to make things that go on their doorknobs, like the landscape and window people do. Thanks for letting me know!!

Marianna1988 10-14-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy

I didn't know that either. I've never dond it, but i've thought about it. Thanks for letting us know! :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

CherryPie 10-14-2012 04:02 PM

Re: Selling Usborne Books or Scentsy?

Does anyone currently sell? I've been an Ind. Scentsy Consultant for over 3 yrs (and Velata and Grace Adele which are other companies that are owned by Scentsy Family corporate)
Anything that you don't like about the program? No.
What are the things that are great? I love the products, I love Spring Sprint (like a mini convention they do all over the country), I love the incentives
What is your average income per month? We can't disclose this.
Do you find the product hard to sell in this economy? Not at all.
Do you offer prizes that you buy yourself? Or offer discounts? I get so much free product from hosting my own parties and combining orders that I never have to buy incentives, hostess gifts, etc. The company completely funds the hostess rewards.

*KaiMom* 10-14-2012 07:23 PM

Re: Selling Usborne Books or Scentsy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily (Post 15809745)
We are under a crunch and I want to find ways to start making more money. Doing things online has not worked out for me (online editing, data entry, mystery shopping, etc.). I'm good with direct sales when it is a product I believe in.

So I'm considering selling Usborne books and Scentsy.

Does anyone currently sell? I sell Scentsy
Anything that you don't like about the program? The market is a little saturated with consultants.

What are the things that are great? The company is always coming out with new products (very trendy cute things that people like) and people always need more scents for their already purchased warmers.

What is your average income per month? It really depends on how much you sell, how many parties you have and how motivated you are to get new clients. Like someone said the bottomline profit is 25% after you sell $1000.

Do you find the product hard to sell in this economy? No

Do you offer prizes that you buy yourself? Or offer discounts? Sometimes. Scentsy usually has discounts or specials every few months. I'll sometimes give out prizes at a party if we do a drawing or play a game. I also offer free light bulbs to customers who buy a warmer from me but that's out of my pocket. I write off a lot of those expenses on my taxes.

I'd love to hear from people that have or still do it. Or what your experience has been with Usborne books! :)

PM me if you have any other questions.