Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Show and Tell (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   New entertainment center - thanks to the hubs! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453801)

amcess721 10-14-2012 03:55 PM

New entertainment center - thanks to the hubs!

1 Attachment(s)
$40 lawnsale dresser (Dark stained pine)... random paint/primer we had on hand... New solid oak top... $50 new hardware... plus the skills of my awesomely talented hubs ... and we have a new entertainment center! (I can't take credit for anymore than the idea and picking out the hardware.)

*Wish I had a "before" picture, but he got to anxious to start and by the time I thought about it, it was already sanded down.

stevensmom 10-14-2012 04:01 PM

Re: New entertainment center - thanks to the hubs!

that's awesome looking!

amcess721 10-14-2012 04:09 PM

Thanks! I've got so many different ones "pinned" on pinterest as inspiration and I've been eyeing them all on the betterafter blog for like 3 years... and I finally got one in my own living room :) We're thinking of putting a tall bookcase to the right of it for more cd type storage since we ended up with more little drawers than we wanted, but the price and overall size for this one was perfect.

boysniris 10-14-2012 08:26 PM

We have a dresser entertainment center, too, but yours looks WAY nicer :) How did you manage to have just enough space to put components under the drawers? Ours all sit on top and it's very cluttered.

Beautiful work!

greencrunchymama 10-14-2012 08:28 PM

:drool: wow!! Great job, hubby!

Funky Birdie Boutique 10-14-2012 10:00 PM

Oooh that's so freakin' cool! My neighbor just did a similar project and you ladies are making me feel like trying a BIG project too now!

amcess721 10-15-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 15812092)
We have a dresser entertainment center, too, but yours looks WAY nicer :) How did you manage to have just enough space to put components under the drawers? Ours all sit on top and it's very cluttered.

Beautiful work!

There actually was a drawer there, but we took it out and he painted the base of the inside white so it looks like it matches... I don't 100% love that the components are still out in the open like that, but better than sitting on top. I think I'd like to shop around JA's and ACM type craft stores at baskets and see if I can find a basket or 2 that I could cut the fronts off of just to slide onto the components as kind of a "face" so it would cover them up if we had company or something. Might not turn out how I'm thinking, but I still might give it a try.

bcarroll9494 10-15-2012 12:14 PM

What a great DH!
I may have mentioned to my DDs that "papa doesn't fix things".... because he is really not handy. Now they bring that up to him often :blush: OOPS!

dublinmom 10-15-2012 07:48 PM

Looks great!

kushie tushie 10-15-2012 07:52 PM

Pretty! Good job!

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.