Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Explode the Code (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453842)

bakerbottoms 10-14-2012 06:28 PM

Explode the Code

How do you like it?? Is it just a work book? I have two kids in kinder, would I need to buy two sets?

lyterae 10-14-2012 07:46 PM

Re: Explode the Code

It is a workbook, the teachers manual can be useful for extra activities (phonetics, etc). Unless you are going to photocopy every page you will need a a workbook for each child.

We are currently using books 3 and 3.5 and started with "Get Ready for the Code", they have been very useful for us. :)

bakerbottoms 10-14-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyterae
It is a workbook, the teachers manual can be useful for extra activities (phonetics, etc). Unless you are going to photocopy every page you will need a a workbook for each child.

We are currently using books 3 and 3.5 and started with "Get Ready for the Code", they have been very useful for us. :)

Thanks this is helpful!

AbbieJack 10-14-2012 10:19 PM

We have used them for two years now and we love them! The teachers guide is not needed. It is a consumable workbook so yes you would need to buy two.

lissa~K 10-14-2012 11:45 PM

I love Explode the Code! Sometimes I take a page protecter and chop off an end so it can slide over a workbook. Use a dry erase marker and eraser and a consumable workbook becomes "non-consumable";)

5PrincessMommy 10-15-2012 01:18 AM

I use it in my class (I teach at a very small school-6 kids in my class). I use the teacher's manual daily. It has GREAT activities in it. I would recommend getting it for sure.

lisathib123 10-15-2012 08:08 AM

The best :)

Emma 10-15-2012 10:24 AM

We love them! They are deceptively simple, but it has really helped DD (esp in conjunction with the Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading).

I don't have the teacher's book, and haven't felt we needed it.

I take the books to have the bindings chopped off then put them in page protectors in a binder. We use dry/wet erase markers on them. I have 2 other kids I have to use these with, and I thought that would be easier.

We also only use the half books if DD really struggled with the concepts taught. She's only used the half books twice.

We also skipped book 4 and went straight to book 5. Once we finish book 6, we'll go back and do book 4. We tried to start book 4, but I felt the concepts of syllabication was a bit too much for a K'er, and she struggled mightily with it.

Bethany1130 10-15-2012 10:27 PM

We are using Get Ready for the Code with my 4 year old and we both love it! Most importantly, I love that all I have to do is open it up and go. My son is learning a lot too.

bakerbottoms 10-16-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bethany1130
We are using Get Ready for the Code with my 4 year old and we both love it! Most importantly, I love that all I have to do is open it up and go. My son is learning a lot too.

Open & go is a must for me! Thanks for that info.