Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Toddler SSC (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453862)

meagank24 10-14-2012 07:47 PM

Toddler SSC

I need a toddler worthy SSC for my 2 1/2 yr old - 25lbs 36 inches tall
She complains the beco hurts her legs and its cause the seat isn't wide enough
Must be buckles not ties
Dh wears her when hiking and sometimes just out and about while I wrap the 15 month old
I doubt he would wrap her in a pink or purple wrap lol. Plus the ease of allowing her up and down with a SSC is nice
Any suggestions

mommy2sammy 10-14-2012 08:05 PM

My 2 yr old, 20 lb, 30 in dd is in a boba and she loves it. She is so comfy that she will nap in it. We don't use the stirrups because she thought those were for jumping.
Ds was jealous, so he got to take a ride in it. He is 4, 39 lb, 42 in. He fit fine, but quickly lost interest when he realized that he was "stuck" and couldn't run.

MamaRachel 10-14-2012 08:09 PM

Re: Toddler SSC

An 18in Olives & Applesauce if you can find one used, a Toddler Kinderpack, toddler Bamberoo SSC, toddler NuzzleMe SSC, maybe a toddler Two Mama's Designs. All will be easier to find used, either on FSOT here, on Thebabywearer.com, or the FB swap.

F1Julie 10-15-2012 08:42 AM

TMD's are my favorite and are very generous in size. The standard full buckle is 19 inches tall while the toddler is 21 inches tall. ABC also has a toddler carrier now that looks worth a try.

kellfran 10-15-2012 09:21 AM

bamberoo's are great and O&A were wide as I recall too. If you get a custom, you can always request extra width at the base too. I did that on a Dream Carrier and it helped a lot.

clover 10-15-2012 09:29 AM

BabyHawk Oh Snap, Tula toddler size, Olives & Applesauce 18in, Kinderpack in toddler size... Those would be my top suggestions and probably the easiest to get.

luvsviola 10-15-2012 10:57 AM

My face of the toddler set is Oh Snap. :)

Liadan23 10-15-2012 03:01 PM

we have a kinderpack. it's actually the preschool size, but i think toddler would have been a better choice for us. ds is 3 yrs and 32lbs. not sure how tall, but he's a decent height for his age. we've had it since he was 2.5. carries like a dream. you can barely tell you have such a huge kid on your back. i wore him in it right up until the end of my pregnancy at the begining of the summer. my only reason for wanting the toddler instead is the the preschool is just a little too tall for him, and he would prefer to have his arms out.

sweetDD 10-21-2012 10:50 AM

SSC with buckles, I'm using a lightweight SSC the Action Baby Carrier and we are loving it. My DH(5'10, 149lbs) and I (5'2, 100lbs) can both use our ABC.

I've seen that it had just had it's toddler carrier, which is wider and support extends to the knees, and its lovely. I am also planning to have one myself, just an advice if you will be interested in this carrier I suggest checking their faceboook page,. I have seen a sample of a lovely print of their toddler carrier there (compared to their site)..though I can't remember the print's name... :D Hope this helps, goodluck!

borske 11-06-2012 03:10 PM

I would say Kinderpack. I have tried many and nothing can compare in my book. They are also easy to come by online. I have a 38 inch tall 2 yr old and we just sized up to Preschool. I haven't tried it with him yet so I don't know how it will fit, he's a leaner however and needs the taller back as opposed to arms out.