Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hypothetical question.....sorta. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453939)

momgoddess 10-15-2012 02:38 AM

Hypothetical question.....sorta.

If you knew that a sweet, loveable puppy right next door to you was being neglected and not treated right...would it be ethical...would you "rescue it" if you knew someone who would give it a GOOD home?

BeccaSueCongdon 10-15-2012 04:24 AM

I would call animal control and report the people first, just to give the police a chance to intervene. I'd be too nervous that the crazy neighbors would find out I stole their puppy and freak out on me. You could remain anonymous, and if nothing comes of the report you could always step in. I know I'd at least co sider it. :-)

2+2macht4 10-15-2012 04:51 AM

Re: Hypothetical question.....sorta.

I would involve authorities not resort to theft and potential criminal charges against myself even if what they are doing is wrong.

Kimmyann 10-15-2012 05:07 AM

IMHO "rescueing" in your terms is stealing. I have a co-worker who rescues animals she believes need rescueing and quite frankly she basically steals the animals. If you are concerned call animal welfare.

Angel89411 10-15-2012 06:34 AM

Before kids I would have taken the puppy.

Now that I have kids, I can't risk anything that could bring about criminal charges and possibly jail time.

momgoddess 10-15-2012 02:17 PM

Thanks guys. I agree with you. It's not me who thought of doing this or did it. But someone I live with actually did it and I've been having a rough time with it.

canadianbakers 10-15-2012 04:47 PM

I'm really glad to hear that it wasn't you!

That "rescuing" is just stealing. Plain and simple.
There are people who are out there to call and have them deal with the situation. That's the right way to go about it. Unfortunately it may not be the fastest way, but it is the right way.

Kiliki 10-15-2012 04:50 PM

uh, bad idea and that's stealing, plain and simple.

Sorry you are in a crappy situation of having to live with someone who did that. :/

shweebies 10-15-2012 05:03 PM

I admit. I did this once in hs. I (yes me, not my mom) took him immediately to the vet and the vet said he would have been dead with in days. He lived with us for 10 years until he died. I would have done it again. It is not the best thing to do, but in some situations I couldn't say no. I did warn the people that the dog would disappear if I saw the dog abused again (I watched one of their kids pick the dog up and throw him into a brick wall). I saw the abuse again and took him. He had a coat hanger stuck in his hair and became embedded into his skin.

earthflower 10-15-2012 05:19 PM

that would be stealing, you can always report it to animal control!