Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Stash Help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454077)

MrsHappyGoLucky 10-15-2012 01:28 PM

Stash Help

I plan to CD from day 1 and here's what I have so far. What else do I need diaper wise?

Covers
1 NB Whisper Wrap
2 NB Super Brite
2 NB fleece soakers
1 SM Super Brite
1 SM Organic Caboose bamboo cover
3 SM wool soakers
3 SM wool longies
3 Flips
1 MD Organic Caboose bamboo cover
1 MD wool soaker
1 MD wool shorties

PF/Fitted
11 preemie PF
12 orange edge PF
12 purple edge PF
2 flour sack towels
9 receiving blanket flats
6 yellow WH
4 Kissaluv 0

Pocket/Hybrid
1 Happy heiny
22 Bumgenius OS (no inserts)
2 MD Bumgenius AIO
6 Grovia shells/2 inserts

Inserts
6 bamboo boosters
4 babykicks hemp inserts
8 MD bamboo PF looking inserts
16 bamboo inserts

I probably need more inserts since the bamboo ones are pretty thin. I'm not sure what brand they are, maybe WAHM? The 22 BG are for our daycare stash. We're hoping to keep two days worth of diapers there. I already know what accessories I'm going to buy, but I'm completely clueless on the diapers! I do intend to get a some Thirsties and Capri sz 1, but I don't know how many.

Mom2ManyBlessings 10-16-2012 02:28 PM

If you want to diaper from day 1 I dont think you have enough diapers unless you have a large baby. I think you need at least another dozen newborn prefolds and 2 more covers. The OS diapers wont fit till baby is 10+ lbs and/or the cord has fallen off. Even on a big baby they will likely go above the cord stump. If you had a average baby (7.5ish lbs) you might be abe to get by with just a few more covers. You could use the premies and newborns at the same time an if you run out you could use the smalls with the rise folded down but itd be bulky. The premies work great the first few days but by the end of week one they out pee them and I hav to double them up.
But the easiest would be another dozen newborns. :) If you plan on using a snappi then 5 covers should work, but if you want to trifold Id probably go with 10. :)
Great start though! Im sure once baby hits the one size stage you have enough to wash every other day.
Dont forget wipes, wetbags, pail liner or hanging pail and isnappis :goodvibes:
Congrats!

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos. :)

lovebabies 10-17-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings
If you want to diaper from day 1 I dont think you have enough diapers unless you have a large baby. I think you need at least another dozen newborn prefolds and 2 more covers. The OS diapers wont fit till baby is 10+ lbs and/or the cord has fallen off. Even on a big baby they will likely go above the cord stump. If you had a average baby (7.5ish lbs) you might be abe to get by with just a few more covers. You could use the premies and newborns at the same time an if you run out you could use the smalls with the rise folded down but itd be bulky. The premies work great the first few days but by the end of week one they out pee them and I hav to double them up.
But the easiest would be another dozen newborns. :) If you plan on using a snappi then 5 covers should work, but if you want to trifold Id probably go with 10. :)
Great start though! Im sure once baby hits the one size stage you have enough to wash every other day.
Dont forget wipes, wetbags, pail liner or hanging pail and isnappis :goodvibes:
Congrats!

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos. :)

I agree! You will probably want close to 3 dozen NB size diapers (all together, pfs, fitteds, etc.). That way you can wash about every other day and still have something to put on the baby while it's all washing. :)