Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454166)

sterlids 10-15-2012 05:50 PM

natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

what type of birth are you planning to have or already know you have to have?

i've been watching the business of being born on netflix streaming and i also watched another documentary called pregnant in america. i was planning a natural, un-medicated birth with my son but got selfish in the end and asked to be induced. i was lucky and had an easy labor and delivery for having had pitocin and an epidural. labor was 6-7 hrs and i only pushed for 30 mins.

i'm again, going to plan for a natural, un-medicated birth this time and pretty sure i can stick to my guns this time as i'm older and more patient now. i'll also have a friend acting as my doula and she did natural, un-medicated with her daughter just a year and a half ago.

just wondering what y'all are planning/wanting.

TS8213 10-15-2012 06:07 PM

Hoping I don't get the choice and have to do the natural, unmedicated route like with my DS! If they give me a choice I go for the epi like with my DD.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

kushie tushie 10-15-2012 06:09 PM

I will be hopefully having my third natural, unmedicated vaginal birth. :goodvibes:

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

NappyChappy 10-15-2012 06:14 PM

Re: natural, medicated, induction, vbac or c-section

All natural homebirth. Maybe a glass of wine lol.

amcess721 10-15-2012 06:26 PM

I've been induced 2x with cervidil and other than that, natural.
Hoping for either no induction/natural or cervidil/natural after that :D

roseyroberts 10-15-2012 06:40 PM

Natural homebirth here. Will be my 5 th homebirth. I had a c section will #3 ...so this will be my third vbac.

waterisntsomething 10-15-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NappyChappy (Post 15815998)
All natural homebirth. Maybe a glass of wine lol.

ddc

I'm definitely going to have a glass of wine next time! :giggle:

mommajewels 10-15-2012 06:58 PM

I don't know... I've never really planned one way or another. I have hopes, sure.. but not necessarily plans.

My hopes are that the baby will come on her own and I will have a quick, uneventful vaginal delivery just as I had with my previous 5.

I've been induced before and I've had an epidural with 4/5.. so I'm not opposed to either of those, though I would prefer she come on her own. March 17th would be an awesome date, too... although that would be the longest I've ever been pregnant, by far.. LOL! (due March 19th. Never went past 38 weeks.)

Mostly, I just really REALLY hope for a smooth vaginal delivery followed by a healthy baby. So far I have been very blessed in that department (Longest labor, #1 was 7hrs, pushed no more than 15 minutes. Shortest was 3hrs, pushed a few times. All of them have been healthy, requiring no interventions at birth.) and would be over the moon if this one followed suit. :goodvibes:

sterlids 10-15-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseyroberts (Post 15816123)
Natural homebirth here. Will be my 5 th homebirth. I had a c section will #3 ...so this will be my third vbac.

that's awesome!!! :nahnah: to all those docs who say vbacs are dangerous and nobody should do them!!!

yay i'm so glad so many of y'all have done/will do natural! i have even more support now! i was 23 when i had my son and was just so over being pregnant that i was induced 3 days before his due date. my plan is to labor at home until i know i'm getting close and then go in so it'll be too late to get the epidural. my only concern is that i had a hernia repair back in '05 i think and as my son descended he was pushing against that site and the only thing that relieved it was having him. that alone is the reason i got the epidural and it didn't help at all. they only had me on the pit for an hour because it did what it does and the contractions were too long and too hard. i got the epidural at 1.5 cm so i don't remember ever having a contraction. i had cervadil overnight the night before and that didn't do squat.

i do have to say that the epidural was done the correct way in that i didn't feel pain but i felt the pressure/need to push. don't get me wrong, it was an amazing birth experience but i really would like to go natural this time.

happymama1 10-15-2012 07:44 PM

I'm going to be the odd ball here...

totally wish it could be an all natural vaginal delivery. But, after one regular, vaginal delivery and two c-sections due to medical complications with the babies...mine will be a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. :(

I'm at peace with it though. Trying to look on the bright side about it.