Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Do LOs get cold without onesies? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454562)

greencrunchymama 10-16-2012 06:07 PM

Do LOs get cold without onesies?

I got my DD some long sleeved shirts for Gymboree to wear with her longies. Do you find your little ones get cold without a onesie, or am I worrying about nothing?

divabeadz 10-16-2012 06:21 PM

Re: Do LOs get cold without onesies?

Hee hee...so cute that you're worrying about that...in theory, a long sleeved tee with longies would be equally warm as a onesie and warm pants...the only difference is the onsie helps prevent the shirt from riding up. I think as long as you're buying tees that fit well (not too short or too snug where they're likely to ride up) then you will be fine. I actually preferred the fit of onesies, so I just snipped off the bottoms of a bunch of onesies and serged the edges so we had nice long onesie-style tees to go with our longies. Sorry for giggling, I hope that didn't come across as patronizing as that was not my intention, I just think it's cute how we (all momma's) worry about every detail to keep our babes perfectly cozy :-)

greencrunchymama 10-16-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divabeadz (Post 15820947)
Hee hee...so cute that you're worrying about that...in theory, a long sleeved tee with longies would be equally warm as a onesie and warm pants...the only difference is the onsie helps prevent the shirt from riding up. I think as long as you're buying tees that fit well (not too short or too snug where they're likely to ride up) then you will be fine. I actually preferred the fit of onesies, so I just snipped off the bottoms of a bunch of onesies and serged the edges so we had nice long onesie-style tees to go with our longies. Sorry for giggling, I hope that didn't come across as patronizing as that was not my intention, I just think it's cute how we (all momma's) worry about every detail to keep our babes perfectly cozy :-)

Thanks :) You made me smile. I'm a first time mom (obviously). I love your idea!

divabeadz 10-16-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrunchymama (Post 15820964)
Thanks :) You made me smile. I'm a first time mom (obviously). I love your idea!

I'm a first time mom too so I was/am the same way...even still, dd's 3 yrs old now but I still find myself over-thinking every detail in order to get it right :blush: I loved onesies and we're just now outgrowing the last of the onesies I snipped and serged. I wish I could get more in her size but seriously, what 3 yr old wears onesies...hahahaha. The 4 pks at Carters.com are my favorite and they go on sale fairly often.

greencrunchymama 10-17-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divabeadz (Post 15821008)
I'm a first time mom too so I was/am the same way...even still, dd's 3 yrs old now but I still find myself over-thinking every detail in order to get it right :blush: I loved onesies and we're just now outgrowing the last of the onesies I snipped and serged. I wish I could get more in her size but seriously, what 3 yr old wears onesies...hahahaha. The 4 pks at Carters.com are my favorite and they go on sale fairly often.

Well I'm glad to know I'm in good company with the over-thinking! :) I'll have to watch Carters.com to find some cute ones.

ServingHim 10-17-2012 06:58 AM

This post just made me :)
Keep up the good work mamas!

amomma 10-17-2012 10:39 PM

I think LO's get cold without onesies...but when I think onesies I think undershirt. Do you wear just one thing long sleeved shirt in the winter? I almost always have more than one layer on when it's cold. (usually a tank top under a long sleeved shirt) I always put undershirts on both of my DD's. I did cut the snaps off of some onesies so they are just regular undershirts and that is what she wears when she is wearing a fitted and wool. Otherwise, with pockets, she wears a regular onesie under her regular shirt :) I hate seeing little bellies sticking out of their shirts :(

reachtothestars 10-17-2012 10:41 PM

We live in upstate NY and walk everywhere no car. No onesies here. Layers long sleeve shirt sweater coat

divabeadz 10-18-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reachtothestars (Post 15826867)
We live in upstate NY and walk everywhere no car. No onesies here. Layers long sleeve shirt sweater coat

Same here. I always dressed her similar to how I would dress on a cold day...if it's cold, I would never put on an undershirt, I'd throw on a sweater.

Scaethach 10-18-2012 06:18 PM

Nope! My little girl has worn a onesie just once, for a photo. She wears wool bottoms over fitteds, and whatever tops are appropriate for the weather, be it a tank top/dress, t-shirt, long sleeved tee, sweater, sweatshirt, thermal + sweater, same general things I wear, just much much smaller ;)