Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PF at night? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14546)

Raquelita 06-15-2006 08:58 AM

PF at night?

We love our prefolds :). And i'm trying to figure out if its ok to use them at night or not. I have a couple FB and doubler-stuffed kissaluvs that i've been using for nighttime, but it would b so much easier to just use pf full-time. I find stuffing the pockets obnoxious (:bolt: ).

Anyone else use pf exclusively? How do you make them night-worthy? It just seems soooooo gross to me to leave DS in any diaper for 9-12 hours straight. But i left him in a 4x8x4 infant pf with fleece liner and bsww for 10 hours last night and no leaks! (Which is more than i can say for my super-stuffed pockets)...

FitMommyOf2 06-15-2006 09:01 AM

Re: PF at night?

No idea, I don't use PFs and love my pockets :giggle: but it seems to work great for you according to your info re last night.

Sarahbunny 06-15-2006 09:16 AM

No answer, just interested in others opinions. Oh and I just bought a fuzzi bunn with the insert and YUCKERS. Not for me. I think the feeling of the insert really bothers me personally. It's soft, it isn't that...just something about it against my skin gives me the heebies. :D

Anyway, I will just sit and watch the replies as I was wondering about this same question!

9800Emily 06-15-2006 09:24 AM

I like to trifold my pf in a disana tie diaper, that way I don't have to use any pins or a snapi over night. The tie diapers add extra absorbency, and are really good at keeping wool safe from poops. You can also get hemp pf that are great for overnight. :thumbsup:

raversangel 06-15-2006 09:42 AM

i trifold a hemp prefold, or i have a couple extra velour/sherpa snap ins from various dipes that have gone mia that i use as well :D it works very well, and he is in it for 10hrs and it doesn't even compeltly soak :thumbsup:

massage mama 06-15-2006 09:43 AM

I have used a pf angel folded with another PF trifolded as an insert with a snappi all night and no leaks with a wool cover.
I have just recently been folding the insert pf in 4 so I fold it into itself, so the 2 ends into the middle and then fold in half again so no seems are next to the skin and it looks neat and not as bulky through the legs. i also use this inside our FBs when we go out next to the baby's skin not in the pocket and i use the regular micro insert in the pocket and then it is essentially the cover over the PF no leaks for 3 hours or so. Probably could go longer but I never leave a dipe on longer than that because I know he is wet for sure by then. So you could try that for overnight to. I personally like the idea of a bum that can breathe overnight that's why I use wool over a fitted or pf for naps and overnight but the FBs with an insert and prefold wrapped around it in the pocket worked for us too.
T

jodi5 06-15-2006 09:55 AM

I sometimes trifold a prefold in my tootle shell cover at night with no problems. Usually at night, I will put a minke liner on top as my son seems to like that. I also have a couple of suedecloth sleeves so sometimes put the prefold in that too. Works great!

belladonna 06-15-2006 09:59 AM

I used to use PF's at night--1 PF, 2 hemp fleece doublers or a tri-fold one and a ME airflow. No leaks, though it was really soaked come morning, lol.

redheadedangels 06-15-2006 10:04 AM

i use prefolds with a doubler under a crat sometimes at night and it works great :)

Mistymama 06-15-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahbunny
No answer, just interested in others opinions. Oh and I just bought a fuzzi bunn with the insert and YUCKERS. Not for me. I think the feeling of the insert really bothers me personally. It's soft, it isn't that...just something about it against my skin gives me the heebies. :D

Anyway, I will just sit and watch the replies as I was wondering about this same question!

ITA! I can't STAND the feeling of microfibre inserts. :yuck: They made me skin crawl. I actually hated everything about Fuzzibunz (and other pockets)...to me they weren't "natural" it was like a different version of sposies, KWIM?

I have used PFs at night successfully. It depends on how heavy a wetter your baby is.
Some things you can do to boost absorbancy are:
Line with a hemp (or thick OC) doubler (I've heard great things about Joey Bunz)
Use OC prefolds instead of CPF (my personal favorites are Fun Organic PFs from Cottontail Babies/Baby or Diaperware & the colorgrown ones from Tiny Birds Organics)
Top with a wool soaker (like an Aristocrat, Lana or thick WAHM soaker)
Put a wool doubler under the doubler (to help pull moisture away from baby)
Line the PF with a smaller PF (like use a NB/infant PF trifolded in the pinned/snappied premium PF, KWIM?)
HTH!:goodvibes: