Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Extreme Cheapskates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454636)

Fishie Kisses 10-16-2012 10:34 PM

Extreme Cheapskates

Did anyone watch the premiere(s) tonight?? The first episode showed a mother of 6 who used Family Cloth, re-used ziplocs, etc. Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with her segment (family cloth isn't for me, but I don't think it's "weird"). The first guy bugged me tho...I would leave my husband if he walked around a restaurant asking people for their leftovers lol

newmommy13 10-16-2012 10:39 PM

What channel is it on?

Fishie Kisses 10-16-2012 10:44 PM

Re: Extreme Cheapskates

TLC

earthflower 10-16-2012 11:00 PM

It is starting in a min here. I am gonna check it out!

lynn97 10-16-2012 11:09 PM

I dvr'd it but haven't watched yet. To be fair, I think we're in the minority here for even knowing what family cloth is.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

isabelsmummy 10-16-2012 11:52 PM

I'm not sure we had the same episode?
I was killing myself laughing about the Asian lady. Holy cow she's off the deep end. I wonder when she plans on spending all this money she's saving?

earthflower 10-16-2012 11:55 PM

The episodes I watched was an asian dumpster diver lady, a guywhopay for food at a restaurant w/ change ( $90 ) and a guy who is cheap to his free online internet dates

Fishie Kisses 10-16-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isabelsmummy (Post 15822242)
I'm not sure we had the same episode?
I was killing myself laughing about the Asian lady. Holy cow she's off the deep end. I wonder when she plans on spending all this money she's saving?

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthflower (Post 15822244)
The episodes I watched was an asian dumpster diver lady, a guywhopay for food at a restaurant w/ change ( $90 ) and a guy who is cheap to his free online internet dates

yes, those were the main episodes, but a couple hours earlier there was a special also called Extreme Cheapskates...like as a prep sort of thing. It featured 3 different people.

neuro_mom 10-17-2012 12:04 AM

O.K. I had to look up the family cloth on DS because I didn't know what it was. I saw a couple of episodes - the dumpster diver and the double Ph.D. husband who was hoarding money and wouldn't buy any furniture. The dumpster diver was too much for me. Even though she was getting gourmet foods from the trash cans of upscale grocery stores, I'd think she be at risk for food poisoning since she was eating meat that had been in a trash can for who knows how many hours. I can't imagine hauling a used mattress home either. I try to be thrifty but unless I can throw it in the washing machine, scrub it down (i.e., furniture), or hose it down outside . . . forget it! I had a friend whose house was infested w/ bed bugs after a vacation. Kids threw clothes on the floor in a hotel room and they brought the bed bugs home w/ them. What a nightmare! She had to wash everything, get rid of their mattresses, and even had to get rid of the carpeting in the entire house (switched to tile and wood floors).

elizabeth.scalf 10-17-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses (Post 15822121)
Did anyone watch the premiere(s) tonight?? The first episode showed a mother of 6 who used Family Cloth, re-used ziplocs, etc. Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with her segment (family cloth isn't for me, but I don't think it's "weird"). The first guy bugged me tho...I would leave my husband if he walked around a restaurant asking people for their leftovers lol

Haven't seen it, nor do we cable. But I read the first few sentences and thought 'Yeah, that's normal.' We use family cloth, and I do reuse ziplocs (not to an extreme though ) :)