Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Weigh-In on my stash...missing anything?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454645)

mamagreenbumm 10-17-2012 01:02 AM

Weigh-In on my stash...missing anything??

Hi fellow mamas, so I think I've got a decent NB stash/supplies but hoping you can weigh-in and fill in any gaps I may have. TIA :))

Here's what I've got so far:

12- organic GMD PF's
12- organic GMD Fitted's
5- tiny gPants
2- Swaddlebees ABC wraps
1- LanaCare wool pull-on cover
1- Disana double-knit cover
2- WCW Soakers
1- Sbish double-knit cover

36- GMD double-sided wipes
1- PlanetWise medium wetbag
1- Little Beetle wool wetbag

Eco Sprout Detergent
Sheepish Grins Wool Wash Bar & Solid Lanolin
4 Wool Dryer Balls
Ikea Drying Rack

I'm thinking of getting another dozen fitteds and a couple more wool dryer balls, maybe more wipes-thoughts??

tasundance 10-17-2012 01:06 AM

Re: Weigh-In on my stash...missing anything??

Looks good. I always like having a small stash of aio's too. And maybe a couple knit woolies.

Do you have pail liners?

mamagreenbumm 10-17-2012 01:56 AM

I have 10 HH pockets and 1 BGE but for later since I was told those typically won't fit NB. Should I get another Disana knit wool cover? I'm skipping the pail liner as I'm just going to use a medium laundry basket- I just feel like the plastic liners aren't breathable and could lead to more stink?? Am I totally off to think that?

tasundance 10-17-2012 02:21 AM

Yeah I guess you dont have to use a pail liner. I have a fl and I like to just dump the bag in so I dont have to touch the diapers.

Id get more wool covers or longies.

starbeam 10-17-2012 02:42 AM

for a nb i wouldn't get more wool unless it's really big and they can wear it for a long time, cuz wool is so spendy and they grow soso fast. i'd get a couple cheap fleece soakers. they're also better cuz you can just throw them in the diaperlaundry but you have to handwash wool and wait for it to air dry and you get so many blowouts onto covers with nb poop, you have to wash your covers really frequently

mjdesigns 10-17-2012 03:52 AM

Great stash. I wish I started out like that. I love love love my LANAcare wool cover. It is the only cover we use for night time and my 3 mo old will soak her diaper underneath (GMD organic workhorse) and nothing gets through :) If you were going to invest in more wool I would size up and have your babe wear them big that way they can be grown into and last longer. I bought the medium (12-20 lbs) and my LO has been wearing it since 10 lbs. It is roomy but she has lots of room to go. I also did the same with my Disana soaker (86/92 12-24 mo) and it works just fine, even without felting. You can never go wrong with more wool :)

mamagreenbumm 10-17-2012 10:42 AM

Great! Thanks for the tips :)) what kind of fleece soakers do you recommend?? And recommended woolie brands?? TIA :)

starbeam 10-17-2012 11:25 PM

you might be able to get some cheap fleece soakers used on here for like $5 or less, or maybe even some from a WAHM new for around $7 or less...i got mine from oceanbabies on etsy and they were great

starbeam 10-17-2012 11:26 PM

yeah, babies can wear wool that's way too big just fine usually, especially machine knits like disana an aristocrats cuz they're so stretchy.

lavender dragonfly 10-18-2012 06:42 AM

I would pick up some AIO's for outings, other than that it looks great! :)