Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   You'd think I'd learn by now (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454821)

keonli 10-17-2012 01:50 PM

You'd think I'd learn by now

How to properly pee into those little cups they give you to fill at your prenatal appointments, but no, I seem to secretly love peeing all over my hand!

And you'd think that I'd know how to properly close those cups by now. I like to tuck it into my purse and set it down gently on the floor as a way of being discreet. Well, lo and behold, I reached in to get my cup (covered in paper towels) and my purse was soaking wet and half the contents gone.

So I have soggy checks, wet car keys, and a glistening wallet....

I'm glad I have a sense of humor and these hormones haven't resulted in me :cry: like the pregnant mess I am!

nicolemariep 10-17-2012 02:06 PM

Re: You'd think I'd learn by now

I pee all over my hand every time! No matter what I do. Plus my OB office uses the worlds narrowest cups. I need a bowl or something to aim into.

But why do you have to put pee in your purse :headscratch: My office has a little trapdoor in the bathroom that you put your cup in when you're done. That's just mean to make you cart your own pee around

keonli 10-17-2012 02:10 PM

You have to wait until they call you in to give the NP your pee. I don't like holding onto it in plain sight so I tuck it in my purse. Sometimes the wait is long too, so I'd rather not sit there and hold it the whole time.

I really love my midwife but the place is weird in general. For example, the OB who owns the office also does cosmetic surgery. So while I'm in the waiting room, there are 2 tv's on. One shows the news and another is about the procedures they offer (breast implants, liposuction, HCG diet, etc.). Like a fat pregnant woman really wants to see all that???? There's also a flyer stating that all current OB patients can get 50% off the procedures for being a current patient! Oh, and it lists vaginoplasty....which horrifies me because it makes me think I'm going to have a horrible delivery which will totally sabotage my lady bits!

my2sweets 10-17-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonli
I really love my midwife but the place is weird in general. For example, the OB who owns the office also does cosmetic surgery. So while I'm in the waiting room, there are 2 tv's on. One shows the news and another is about the procedures they offer (breast implants, liposuction, HCG diet, etc.). Like a fat pregnant woman really wants to see all that???? There's also a flyer stating that all current OB patients can get 50% off the procedures for being a current patient! Oh, and it lists vaginoplasty....which horrifies me because it makes me think I'm going to have a horrible delivery which will totally sabotage my lady bits!

I dont know wether to laugh or be completely disgusted....

Luckily I dont have to carry my pee out of the room and have a nice widish cup but I always seem to dribble it when I screw the lid back on. Then I usually forget to put it in the trap door before washing my hands so I have to double wash my already dried, cracked, and bleeding hands.

Pampered Mama 10-17-2012 03:09 PM

DDC from March 2012 :-)

I loved my mw office- they expect us to do our own pee test! They keep the bottle of strips in the bathroom, you go in, pee on the strip- and only need to show it to them if it turns green!

They have us do our own weight while we are in the bathroom as well- or just tell them you weighed at home

keonli 10-18-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pampered Mama (Post 15824996)
DDC from March 2012 :-)

I loved my mw office- they expect us to do our own pee test! They keep the bottle of strips in the bathroom, you go in, pee on the strip- and only need to show it to them if it turns green!

They have us do our own weight while we are in the bathroom as well- or just tell them you weighed at home

Oooh, this place sounds nice! My first OB's office required us to hold onto the cups as well. I chose this new place because it's smaller and there's less of a wait time. The old place...I once sat in the waiting room for over 3 hours!

My current midwife checks our weight but doesn't let us see the numbers. I weigh myself at home so it's no biggie.

mommatomymiracle 10-18-2012 12:43 PM

I found it got more difficult to position and hold the cup properly the bigger I got throughout my pregnancy! I think toward the end of my pregnancy I had to hold the cup in the right spot before I sat down. It's a wonder I didn't make a mess!

newtocloth2 10-18-2012 12:49 PM

DDC- it IS hard to pee in those cups!

teacherpippi 10-18-2012 03:54 PM

I have to transport my morning urine to the doc myself. I keep a plastic Ziploc bag in my purse just in case... could you throw one in?

keonli 10-19-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherpippi (Post 15829750)
I have to transport my morning urine to the doc myself. I keep a plastic Ziploc bag in my purse just in case... could you throw one in?

I'm going to have to start doing that for sure. I switched purses that morning so luckily there wasn't too much stuff in there. Lesson learned.