Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Muscle Soreness??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455232)

momgoddess 10-18-2012 03:34 PM

Muscle Soreness???

I was able to lose 25 lbs of baby weight in my first Body By Vi (Visalus) 90 Day Challenge without doing any exercise at all, just replacing two of my meals with the yummy shakes and the results were so unbelievable that I started promoting it too. Anyway, now that I've lost weight and have about 10 more lbs of baby weight to go, I want to get more fit as well, so I just started working out at the gym this week and I'm sooooo sore!

So I have two questions, maybe some of you can help me. Eventually, will I not feel like I was hit by a train after a good work out, or is that basically a sign of a good work out, no matter how fit you are? And secondly, am I supposed to go ahead and work out while I'm sore or rest until the soreness goes away? I've tried to research this online but all I find is conflicting opinion/information. Half the info says to rest, half of it says it's a myth. Your thoughts?

TIA!

3Xblessed 10-19-2012 12:07 PM

Re: Muscle Soreness???

You want to do the muscle groups every other day. In between make sure that you are moving them but not working them. For example, I ran hills on Tuesday and was super sore on Wednesday. While it was tempting just not to move....I got over the pain by doing some light walking.

Sore is okay but hurting is not. Be careful that you are not ignoring pain.

snugsboutique 10-19-2012 08:13 PM

It's normal to feel sore when you first start working your muscles, the sorness does get less and less the stronger they become, unless you start upping you weights. don't just not excersise on days you feel really sore, just do light cardio for 20-30 min and try to fit in weight training 2-3 days a week all other days cardio except for one full day of rest (or cardio if you want on that day, your option). I usually do a day of legs, a day or arms, a full body day, and all other days cardio with a couple of ab days thrown in.

Mac & Cheeses mom 10-21-2012 05:25 AM

I agree you have to do light cardio (yoga, walking) something to losses your muscles. After a real intense workout you will be sore, but you don't want pain. Also avoid the scale for a few days if your sore because your muscles are holding into water.

CMamma 10-22-2012 12:48 PM

It's totally normal to feel sore when you're just getting used to working out again. You'll get used to it once your body adjusts & creates some muscle memory & becomes more fit. It's important to give your body groups a rest through, so work different muscle groups on alternate days so you can recover (important when trying to build more muscle & become stronger). You'll get to a point where you can go through a workout w/o feeling like you beat up, but once you find yourself at that point, you can find a new way to challenge yourself.