Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Anyone else still nursing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455312)

kushie tushie 10-18-2012 08:10 PM

Anyone else still nursing?

Just curious.
DD is almost 16 momths and down to twice a day. She recently just dropped a bunch of day time sessions on her own. I offered and offered and she would push me away and say "nooo". She made it clear. LOL
So were down to once after she wakes up in the morning and before bed.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

apboyles 10-19-2012 05:07 AM

Re: Anyone else still nursing?

Not anymore, we weaned about 6 weeks ago. I had dropped a feeding about a month before that so we were only nursing right before bed. It was actually pretty easy for us. About a week or two of "No booboos, they are all empty" and he didn't ask anymore. I was relieved, I wanted a break before my next little nursling :)

kushie tushie 10-19-2012 06:51 PM

I nursed DS till we weaned about two weeks before DD was born. I'll let DD self wean as well. I just wanted to see if any other March mamas were still nursing.

roseyroberts 10-19-2012 07:23 PM

We weaned a month or so ago. He is not happy...still asks and cries everyday..several times a day.
It breaks my heart..i'd let him continue but they are empty and dry nursing for me is very painful.

Mama_K 10-19-2012 09:04 PM

We are down to just once a day right before bed. It's pretty uncomfortable for me as I'm almost completely dry but he cries and cries if I don't let him nurse. I'm planning on completely weaning in November so I can have a little break before the new baby.

kushie tushie 10-19-2012 09:36 PM

Once I'm past the first trimester it isnt too painful (thats why I let DS self wean). DD is telling me no more and more but I keep offering. Shes still so young I want her to get as much breastmilk as possible. :/

I do notice that if I dont drink enough I dont have much milk but if I'm drinking I'm fine.

pgkcb13 10-22-2012 03:49 AM

My youngest is down to twice a day too (we were in the same ddc last time around too ;) )

She nurses at nap time and bed time and that's it, self weaned like your lo. Doesn't seem like she'll be giving up those last two anytime soon though, lol. I'm pretty okay with it other than the fact that the last couple weeks my nipples have been sooo sensitive that the latch hurts. After the first couple seconds it's fine though so I tough it out ;)

kushie tushie 10-22-2012 06:53 AM

I remember ;)
I'm glad I have an old DDC buddy that is still nursing too! We do morning and night. Shes not nursing to sleep. So some nights she tells me "no". We'll nurse till she weans :)