Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Recommendations for a good jogging-type stroller Mamas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455367)

Mummandherboys 10-18-2012 10:33 PM

Recommendations for a good jogging-type stroller Mamas?

I just posted a question recently, but thought I would get things going on our forum a little bit more ;)
I am starting to think about a few things that I would really like to have this time around and one is a heavier-duty/bigger wheeled stroller that can handle a bit more "off road" type stuff. I don't jog, but I know those strollers have some big wheels that would probably do some better carrying. We live in NM desert terrain and we often go hiking and do nature outings for our school group here. I need some kind of stroller that can handle this... what do you all think? What has worked well for you? I am obviously looking second-hand...craigslist/local baby stores/etc... but wow, even pretty used-looking ones are pretty pricey!

jackobeano 10-18-2012 11:24 PM

Re: Recommendations for a good jogging-type stroller Mamas?

Hey again, just posted on your other thread ;)

Have you looked into the bike trailers that double as a jogging stroller? We have one and they are awesome, plus you get double use out of them if you also bike? Oh and put slime in the tires to prevent flats, especially in dessert terrain :thumbsup:

jakobsmom13 10-18-2012 11:35 PM

We love our BOB revolution SE. Its like the 'Range Rover' of strollers, if you will. You can find them used on craigslist!

twinpossible 10-18-2012 11:44 PM

We LOVE our Mountain Buggy, I use it for all the reasons you just said :)

fullofheart 10-19-2012 12:28 AM

I have been quite happy with my Schwinn jogger.nits a step up from the baby jogger types, but of course not a BOB ;). I chose it because it was reasonably priced and got good reviews. We live in the desert too and I take mine out on our neighborhood dirt roads all the time with no problems!

Ainmemphis 10-19-2012 07:27 AM

I also have a BOB revolution and it is such a dream to push! I found mine on super clearance or else I wouldn't have been able to buy it. But it will last for a long time as it holds more weight than most toddlers =) Mine does not have a swivel wheel which is perfect for running but I have found that other strollers with a swivel wheel are easy for like zoo trips when you may want to turn the stroller one handed. I previously had a baby trend expedition that I only used for a few months it did not work well for me (I was using it to run).

Mummandherboys 10-20-2012 12:47 PM

Thanks Ladies! I wrote all of these down and will do some searching around :) Jac... I just saw those bike trailor/strollers at wal-mart...have never seen those...pretty cool! I was thinking that I might look for just a single stroller option since it would be smaller and easier to move around on hikes/trails/etc... I figure I will hold the baby with a carrier on me and I mostly need something for my youngest now... he will be 2 in January ;)
Thanks for all your thoughts... I am excited to do some research into this!

knodceo 10-20-2012 01:00 PM

Love our schwinn bike/jogger. We also have a jeep jogger and it has made it through 2 kids! Love that I can hose it down and it gets clean. I also like that it has a speakers for a CD player. I could never spend the money on a bob but they are lovely.

Mummandherboys 10-20-2012 01:43 PM

Okay, so I have already changed my thinking on the single vs. double jogging stroller... LOL ;) I am thinking now that a double would just make more sense long-term. So, that said... what are your fav double jogging/mountain type strollers?? ;)

kileysmama 10-24-2012 03:28 AM

I have a baby jogger city mini, and I love it for typical stuff. It says that it's not truly a jogger stroller though, and it's not great "off-road" depending on how rough the terrain is. My sis has a BOB Revolution and it is amazing. It also has a higher weight limit for the doubles than the baby jogger and many others. Right around the time our LOs are due, is when many brands clearance out their old ones.
I'm also looking for a double, but I'm not sold on the side by side. I really like the City Select...but oh my the price. Especially for my 3rd and likely last LO. I really wish I had put more though/research into buying a good stroller with the the first!