Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I'm about to embark on the hardest mission of my life! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455662)

mixed_chica 10-19-2012 09:19 PM

I'm about to embark on the hardest mission of my life!

Ok, so I'm not messing around anymore! Tonight I start stage one of my cleanse, and will continue on a juice fast for sixty days. I then will adopt an anti-candida diet lifestyle for a year or more. I've made great strides over the last couple of years, but have avoided this for obvious reasons. Its finally time to take a completely serious and dedicated leap forward, and start living and not dying!
Quick background:
I've had severe debilitating migraines for nine years, and discovered I had a brain tumor five ago. I have skin, sweat, and hormonal issues, and suffered a stroke this year...I'm only 29 :(
My mom was just diagnosed with colon cancer at age 54, my sister is infertile and has an autoimmune disorder. For the first time in my life, I'm struggling with infertility as well. I believe our health problems are directly related to horrible nutrition, stress, and bad lifestyles.
I guess I'm writing to share with others who may be going through something similar. You can take control if your life, your health, and your state of mind. I thank you mamas:goodvibes: for this great community we've built, and all the conversation along the way. Wish me lucky

earthflower 10-19-2012 09:44 PM

Re: I'm about to embark on the hardest mission of my life!

Wow! Kudos and Best wishes!!

Happy Mommax4 10-19-2012 09:50 PM

You can do it!!

2boysmama 10-19-2012 09:50 PM

I just watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead last night. I'm thinking about doing a 10 day and maybe more because I have high blood pressure now (after pregnancy related heart failure at 29) and I'd love to be off the medications. I have horrid side effects from the drugs but my blood pressure requires them. Good luck! I'd love to hear about your journey with this!!

loving my family 10-19-2012 10:02 PM

It will be different but different isn't always hard or bad its just a change in how you do things. I am sure you will end up feeling great!! Keep us posted :)

mixed_chica 10-19-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthflower (Post 15835390)
Wow! Kudos and Best wishes!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Mommax4 (Post 15835400)
You can do it!!

Thanks!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boysmama (Post 15835403)
I just watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead last night. I'm thinking about doing a 10 day and maybe more because I have high blood pressure now (after pregnancy related heart failure at 29) and I'd love to be off the medications. I have horrid side effects from the drugs but my blood pressure requires them. Good luck! I'd love to hear about your journey with this!!

That documentary is awesome and horrifying at the same time! I learned about juicing from my uncle who had terminal cancer. Juicing was his last ditch effort after failed chemo and radiation and being told he had two months to live. He has been in remission for six years now, and has just completed one of the world most grueling white water competitions! After seeing that doc, I knew what I had to do!

Only 10-20-2012 03:46 AM

Good luck!

corinne76 10-20-2012 03:56 AM

Good luck!

danielle 10-20-2012 04:44 AM

Wow! Best of luck to you.

blackbirdmama*3 10-20-2012 07:43 AM

Good luck!!!