Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pregnancy and staying healthy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455851)

Mommyto2B2G 10-20-2012 07:02 PM

Pregnancy and staying healthy

I did not start this pregnancy at a weight I was happy at. I do not feel good about myself and I do not feel happy. It is my goal to keep myself in check this pregnancy so I can avoid gest. diabetes, stay in a good weight range to make getting back on track once baby is here easy and to obviously have a healthy baby. Is there anyone else out there who wants to join me? I would like to see if maybe we can make a support system and help each other out. I'm tired of being in this rut and I know this pregnancy can either make or break my weight issues.

Anybody in? I don't know where to start either so if anyone has any suggestions for me feel free to suggest them!

-My goals for now are to drink 64oz of water a day

-Keep eating small meals every couple hours consisting mostly of fruits and veggies with lean meats added. This is hard for me because I have a hard time getting myself to eat more than 3 big meals a day esp. now that I have all day sickness.

-Take at least a 30 minute walk a day. Ideally one in the morning and one at night with the family after dinner. I don't want to over do it, I already have sciatica. eek

:lostit:

Mommyto2B2G 10-20-2012 07:06 PM

Re: Pregnancy and staying healthy

Oh and my main concern for gestational diabetes is I feel like they already think I'm a big risk. I was given a glucose test at 8wks and I have no prior history of G.D. That kind of felt like maybe I better be careful because they expect it to come on with my weight.

bumminbeachbabe 10-20-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun
Oh and my main concern for gestational diabetes is I feel like they already think I'm a big risk. I was given a glucose test at 8wks and I have no prior history of G.D. That kind of felt like maybe I better be careful because they expect it to come on with my weight.

Do you have "large" babies. My first was over 9lbs, so I had a one hour test at 7 weeks with my second. It's their office policy.

My sister in law is only a little overweight and is pregnant with her first. They did a screen and find that she has gd. They did this is her first trimester.

Mommyto2B2G 10-20-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe (Post 15837674)
Do you have "large" babies. My first was over 9lbs, so I had a one hour test at 7 weeks with my second. It's their office policy.

My sister in law is only a little overweight and is pregnant with her first. They did a screen and find that she has gd. They did this is her first trimester.

My biggest baby was born at 42 weeks and weighed 6' 13 oz. I usually have babies in the 5-6 lb area. :) I am guessing my G.D. check was because I am a little heavier than I should be. I really wanted to lose 20lbs before this pregnancy. I lost 6 and then gained it back.

Skatha89 10-20-2012 07:57 PM

I'm in! I only have 6-8 weeks to go but I want to make a life style change by the time I deliver.

My goals are:

-No more sugary drinks

-Minimal eating out (healthier options!)

-Eat 2 servings of fruit and vegetables a day to start (bad at this)