Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Epic thrifty FAIL (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455889)

Mama2ManyBoyz 10-20-2012 09:28 PM

Epic thrifty FAIL

We had a coupon for buy one get one free Chipotle burritos. It was sent to my email as part of my son's soccer association. We planned to get 4, for us and the two older boys. I was gonna make mac n cheese for the lil guys. I ended up grocery shopping late since dh was putting the wood stove in with his brother, so I decided on burritos for everyone...6 burritos and $35 later, they tell me it's only good for the first burrito. What!!!!!!!!????????????????? Epic freakin' FAIL! I was so pissed. I've been doing the Pantry Challenge and getting ready to start this new challenge. I've been so good making every penny count and then this. I wouldn't have gone in the first place, but it's everyones favorite. We go like once a year when we are on vacation, and they rarely have deals.

The more I thought about it, I think I'm gonna call the manager and ask for a refund. The way the coupon is worded, it never even occurred to me that it was for one. You would think it would say limit of one.

My Sweet Blessings 10-20-2012 09:40 PM

Re: Epic thrifty FAIL

most coupons are only good for the first one. i am not familiar with the place or the coupon. can you tell us the exact wording?

WyattsMommy09 10-21-2012 12:22 AM

I've never heard of a BOGO coupon working on multiple items, its always for just the one...

Marianna1988 10-21-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Sweet Blessings (Post 15838217)
most coupons are only good for the first one. i am not familiar with the place or the coupon. can you tell us the exact wording?

:yeahthat:

Unless it said "max use 4 times" or something, I would never assume a b1g1 coupon is good for more than one. I would never go to walgreens with 1 b1g1 toothbrush coupon and try to get 5 free toothbrushes, kwim? In fact, the only place I can think of that lets you use the same coupon on more than one is Arby's. most of their coupons they send out in the mail are good for up to 6. But not always.

igotmywings 10-21-2012 12:37 AM

I am kind of confused. I got one of the BOGO coupons and its pretty clear that its only good for one. If i remember correctly (i already used mine) they stated on the bottom that for one use only and one per customer. Buut maybe you had a different one? did you have more then one coupon and they would only allow you to use one?

Computermama 10-21-2012 05:30 AM

I'm not sure what the confusion is. Were you trying to buy one and then get the other 5 for free because you had 5 coupons? Because it's buy ONE get ONE free - one purchase does not allow you to use unlimited coupons. They probably should have let you use 3 coupons so you could buy one get one free three times, but you might have needed to do multiple transactions for that, since a lot of coupons I've seen that do that are 1 per transaction.

Mama2ManyBoyz 10-21-2012 07:11 AM

"Come into any Chipotle on Sat 20th with you soccer jersey and this email and we will hook you up with buy one/get one burritos, bowls, salads, or tacos. You can use it on kids meals too."

It does not say a limit of one anywhere. I don't know why it just didn't occur to me. I mean I know bogo coupons are only used once, but I guess because of the way its worded in the plural I thought they were for the whole family. Sigh...such a waste of money.

Lovely_Mom 10-21-2012 07:15 AM

I've read somewhere that the stores have the right to do whatever they want, but don't know..

evasimone 10-21-2012 07:16 AM

That is confusing wording. They should have stated limit of one bogo per family. That being said I wouldn't call and ask for a refund. If you didn't want to spend that much money you should have walked away without the burritos. Not eat them and then have regrets... sorry. If you really want to maybe call and complain about how the coupon wording is confusing.

Not to mention I love Chipotle and $5.75/ burrito is still a pretty good deal. Not super cheap but not a rip off.

Mama2ManyBoyz 10-21-2012 07:31 AM

Yah I ordinarily would have walked away, but it was 6:30 and I had a house full of hungry kids. It was just one of those days where things don't go the way they are supposed to and everything gets royally screwed.