Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Early morning workouts (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456211)

savingmomof2boys 10-22-2012 07:39 AM

Does anyone here workout super early in the morning? If so what do you do to keep yourself motivated to get up that early? Any tips for pre-work out food that can be quickly consumed and be good enough to fuel my body for the workout?

Right now I normally run after dropping my oldest off at school then I do my weight lifting with DH around 4:30pm. This has always worked well because baby normally napped while DH and I lifted (we have a home gym) and if he wasn't napping he was content in the playpen. Now that he is a little older and walking he wants nothing to do with the playpen. His naps have also changed and he is no longer napping during a time I can get to lift.

So my idea is to start getting up around 5:00am and start lifting by 5:30am while both kids are sleeping. Then I can still get my run in after dropping my oldest off at school.

JellEBeanDesigns 10-22-2012 02:17 PM

Re: Early morning workouts

I run at 530 every morning. My motivation? Getting my run in. It's not happening any other time

MamaZnR 10-22-2012 04:25 PM

I'm impressed, I wish I could do that, but I still don't sleep through the night, hopefully soon!

savingmomof2boys 10-22-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaZnR
I'm impressed, I wish I could do that, but I still don't sleep through the night, hopefully soon!

I think that is what is going to make it hard for me. A lot of nights my youngest wakes up at least once.

JellEBeanDesigns 10-24-2012 01:48 PM

My youngest is up atleast once a night I usually have to drag myself like a zombie, totally worth it though

MamaZnR 10-24-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellEBeanDesigns
My youngest is up atleast once a night I usually have to drag myself like a zombie, totally worth it though

Ok, just curious, do you nap through out the day what time do you go to bed?

It's so hard to get up when it's still dark out:P

savingmomof2boys 10-24-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaZnR

Ok, just curious, do you nap through out the day what time do you go to bed?

It's so hard to get up when it's still dark out:P

Unfortunately, no nap here. I also have a 4 year old who doesn't nap at the same time as the 14 month old. I am normally in bed by 10:30pm.

doulaK 11-25-2012 12:20 AM

I wake up at 3:45 every morning and get my workout started by 4 am. I do home workout programs, right now I am lifting weights in the morning and then I run later. I get up because like other posters have said, it won't get done otherwise. The only thing I can really do once the kids are up is run with them in the jogging stroller. Once you start it you'll be fine. Its just starting thats the hardest part!

MinkaK 11-25-2012 02:24 AM

Ugh, I really wish I could but I am not a morning person at all.