Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What to price at and where to sell a baby bjorn carrier (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456492)

mg5g 10-22-2012 08:44 PM

What to price at and where to sell a baby bjorn carrier

I have a carrier that is in near new condition that was given to me. My back can't handle it. The retail is $169 here - it's an air mesh one. I know that they can be found much cheaper in the states. Are bjorns a sought after carrier or do most people here look for wraps and slings? What should I price it at?
THANKS

I_run_with_scissors 10-23-2012 04:47 AM

Re: What to price at and where to sell a baby bjorn carrier

I dont think baby bjorns are as popular as many other types of carrier, i would check out what others are selling them for in the FSOT baby carrier section, that should give you a better idea about what the "going" price is

hhilgen2 10-23-2012 06:32 AM

It looks like you can get a brand new one from Amazon for $65 here, so maybe use that to price accordingly?

Lanae 10-23-2012 08:02 AM

I bought mine on spots bnip for $30 and it had been sitting a long while.

canadianbakers 10-23-2012 08:21 AM

Likely it's not going to sell quickly or for very much. People aren't wanting those as much anymore - not as comfortable as a sling/wrap/other carrier for mom or baby.

Lanae 10-23-2012 08:28 AM

^^ exactly, I had never even took mine out of the box when I ended up selling it. I had better luck selling local

sweetDD 12-09-2012 03:29 PM

$169 isn't it to expensive?... you could have been so disappointed. However, have you check this site if there are selling a carrier? if not you might try thebabywearer dot com,. I think you will find some trades and selling option there. Please don't sell your carrier for $30 that will be a total lost of $139...such a waste. Hope this helps!

hilaryisinked 12-09-2012 03:39 PM

I'd try Craigslist instead of here. I think it's much more likely to sell there than here where people are looking for wraps and SSCs more. As far as pricing, I always check ebay and CL to see what others are selling theirs for.

KaleidoscopeEyes 12-09-2012 03:51 PM

id say probably ebay. anyone that knows anything about carriers typically regard crotch danglers as garbage carriers

bigmamakelsey 12-09-2012 03:59 PM

I'd try to sell it locally as well. I'm honestly not sure how much you could get for it, they don't have a great re-sell, even new. Maybe $30, $40?