Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baking Soda gender prediction test (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456619)

DesertRat 10-23-2012 09:53 AM

Baking Soda gender prediction test

Somehow I've never heard of this before. I just read about it in the May DDC. I'm totally curious about it! So I want to start a poll to see what the accuracy is. DON'T vote if you still don't know the gender of your baby. But please vote if you've done this test and you know what you're having (or you already had your baby) I'm putting this in the regular pregnancy forum for any 2nd and 3rd trimester moms who already know the gender want to try it anyway and add to the poll.

Test: put small amount of baking soda in a cup and mix with pee. If it fizzles, it's a boy. If it doesn't fizzle, it's a girl.

Emmers22185 10-23-2012 11:32 AM

It said boy and we are having a boy. It was right several weeks before we found out.

Cathypie 10-23-2012 11:37 AM

:popcorn:

Look out for autocorrect!

Kiliki 10-23-2012 01:03 PM

Re: Baking Soda gender prediction test

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 15847631)
Somehow I've never heard of this before. I just read about it in the May DDC. I'm totally curious about it! So I want to start a poll to see what the accuracy is. DON'T vote if you still don't know the gender of your baby. But please vote if you've done this test and you know what you're having (or you already had your baby) I'm putting this in the regular pregnancy forum for any 2nd and 3rd trimester moms who already know the gender want to try it anyway and add to the poll.

Test: put small amount of baking soda in a cup and mix with pee. If it fizzles, it's a girl. If it doesn't fizzle, it's a boy.

Your poll says the opposite of the bolded.... which is correct?

DesertRat 10-23-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 15848613)
Your poll says the opposite of the bolded.... which is correct?

Oops! I edited the OP. The poll wording is correct.

paper_girl_76 10-23-2012 03:30 PM

mine was right!

Kiliki 10-23-2012 03:56 PM

I might be using old baking soda... I got a little tiny bit of fizzle but not much at all, not like frothy, serious fizzle, more like just some white bubbles on top.... we're having a boy. What should I vote?

tmwmommy 10-23-2012 04:13 PM

It fizzled and it's a boy.

Buena 10-23-2012 04:17 PM

I find out in 2 weeks but I am so goin to pee on some banking soda next time I gotta go! Lol

anniekins1488 10-23-2012 04:51 PM

Was correct for me- all 3 times! Of course I have 3 girls, so I suppose it could be that my pee just doesn't fizzle...:giggle: :dunno: