Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Do you believe there is a link between... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456892)

slingmama4 10-23-2012 10:31 PM

Do you believe there is a link between...

the sicker you are the healthier the baby?

Like the worse the morning sickness the healthier baby is?

I had someone say this to me today. It kinda made me upset because my m/s has been different w/ this baby. However, I'm not focusing on it because I refuse to accept fear and negativity of the what ifs of loosing this baby.

I mean it does make sense to me a bit though.
I had very little, if hardly any, m/s with the baby I lost at 10.5 weeks.
Whereas, I've always had horrible morning sickness with my others.

Fishie Kisses 10-23-2012 10:46 PM

Re: Do you believe there is a link between...

I absolutely do NOT believe that statement. I have never once had m/s...not even one vomit. And I have 3 very healthy, full term children, and thankfully, no m/cs

willownz 10-24-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slingmama4
the sicker you are the healthier the baby?

Like the worse the morning sickness the healthier baby is?

I had someone say this to me today. It kinda made me upset because my m/s has been different w/ this baby. However, I'm not focusing on it because I refuse to accept fear and negativity of the what ifs of loosing this baby.

I mean it does make sense to me a bit though.
I had very little, if hardly any, m/s with the baby I lost at 10.5 weeks.
Whereas, I've always had horrible morning sickness with my others.

Yes and no. I have had a blighted ovum where i started with morning sickness, which then stopped and then a few weeks later the bleeding.
I dont get very nauseous but some is a good sign for me. I have had 4 m/c though so i am paranoid.
For some women being super sick can be a bad sign.
So I think it depends. I dont think it guarantees a healthy foetus but can be a guide and a definite source of first trimester anxiety.

Kiwl Mum of three.

clatchford2011 10-24-2012 06:23 AM

DDC

well I can say this.... MS has nothing to do with a healthy pregnancy or not. All myth.. It is how you take care of yourself that makes the pregnancy healthy. You can't predict anything outside of that.

Eating right, hydration, taking your prenatal vitamins everyday, light to moderate exercise (even walking), and thinking positive gives you a healthy pregnancy.

:hugs: Don't let other people scare you! I NEVER had MS before 7 weeks.

L J 10-24-2012 07:14 AM

Edit: just realized I was DDC crashing!

Absolutely not. I never, ever get even the slightest m/s and my 5 and 1 year olds are the healthiest kids in town. Seriously, never sick. Big, healthy newborns.

If all of your pregnancy symptoms go away abruptly in the first trimester, I do believe that is cause for concern. But if m/s isn't typical for you, you are simply lucky that your body doesn't react that way to pregnancy hormones.

And just because you have m/s with one pregnancy doesn't necessarily mean you will with all. Your body will react in slightly different ways each time.

I'm so sorry that people say such dumb things to pregnant women. :(

slingmama4 10-24-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willownz (Post 15851393)
Yes and no. I have had a blighted ovum where i started with morning sickness, which then stopped and then a few weeks later the bleeding.
I dont get very nauseous but some is a good sign for me. I have had 4 m/c though so i am paranoid.
For some women being super sick can be a bad sign.
So I think it depends. I dont think it guarantees a healthy foetus but can be a guide and a definite source of first trimester anxiety.

Kiwl Mum of three.

This is what I think. Ms can be different with each pregnancy, but if there is change all of a sudden then that may be a sign of something negative.

kissum 10-24-2012 10:29 AM

That's so not true. Don't let it worry you!

leyash 10-24-2012 10:38 AM

I have to say, I asked my doctor about this.

She said there is some linkage between hardcore M/S and a healthy, viable pregnancy. She said that women that have higher HCG levels (a healthy pregnancy most of the time), will have worse sickness. She also said not ALL women will have morning sickness, so it isn't 100% true/accurate all the time. But she did say that m/s is linked to a healthier, more viable pregnancy in a lot of cases.

Granted, she could have just said that because I am worried about a loss, and I told her I've been super sick. But I can see how it would make a bit of sense, too.

However, there are women that have NO sickness. I had hardly any sickness with my first, and he's a happy, healthy 11 year old now. So... it can't be a for sure sign of what's to come.

ETA: With my early loss (almost 6 weeks) I had no sickness. With this one (now 12 weeks), my M/S started at 4-5 weeks.

812ajack 10-24-2012 06:11 PM

Not at all. i've been extremely sick with 3 of mine and then not at all with 2 and all were fine. This one I've been a little sick but not too bad yet.

MyM&W 10-24-2012 06:38 PM

I don't believe it either. I didn't have much morning sickness with my last pregnancies and its been kicking my butt this time around!!