Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   I'm tired of thinking I might be pregnant. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456953)

ACSNMama 10-24-2012 08:27 AM

I'm tired of thinking I might be pregnant.

I have not taken my mini-pill consistently in the last month or so. I haven't missed a day, but I've been late (past 3 hr mark) taking it numerous time. I've taken a couple of tests and all say negative, but as far as I know, I believe I'm supposed to get AF any moment, but it's hard to say, because last month I had spotting for a period.

I'm getting really frustrated with being frustrated. Off and on I've had cramping, bloating, lots of discharge and pink/brown spotting (last week, spotting for like a day), I've had a short fuse, in addition to feeling like I'm going to cry at times (mood swings like crazy). My nipples were sensitive for a couple of days, not in a good way lol. I've also been having overwhelming desire for relations randomly throughout the day, like the type where I want to take care of it at that moment!

I wish AF would just hurry up and visit because I'm done with all this (well aside from extra desire!)

crunchymamaNY 10-25-2012 07:51 PM

Re: I'm tired of thinking I might be pregnant.

Well, by being nonconsistant with your bc, AF would also be inconsistant as well. Spotting here and there is normal if you're not taking the pill as directed....plus, you are also increasing your risk dramatically if you don't take the pill every day, and the same time each day.

If your tests are negative, keep taking the pill, same time every day and AF will eventually go back to "normal"

firemommaof1 10-25-2012 08:46 PM

I would probably take a test if I were you. Not being consistent usually = pregnancy!

ACSNMama 10-26-2012 06:11 PM

Thanks, yes, I feel silly I haven't stayed on top of the pill. Life has been super stressful recently, and of all times, I should've been on top of it! As silly and irresponsible as it sounds, I wasn't intentionally forgetting. I'd wake in the morning, be getting the kids breakfast, trying to get things done around the house... my alarm would go off to indicate in was time for me to take my pill. Myself of my oldest would turn the alarm off, and then I would forget to take it.

I wouldn't be upset about pregnancy at all, I always secretly hope I am, though not the most ideal time right now, I'm never upset about babies! I just wish I knew, one way or the other right now.

lizzy911 10-27-2012 12:05 PM

any reason why you are using minipill vs another method? I decided not to use minipill specifically for what you listed... the trouble of remembering to take it at the exact same time each day while tending to other children.

RainandRedemption 10-27-2012 12:08 PM

I would consider trying a new form of BC too. When I told the pill (forever ago!!) it made me feel the same ways you described, all the time. I was inconsistent taking mine too, so that may have been part of it?, but I never did get pg while on it. But I assumed it was the hormones in the pill messing me up because everything settled down for me when I stoped taking it.

ACSNMama 10-27-2012 05:01 PM

I would love to get off of BC pill all together. I just can't though.

I also haven't had any trouble with the pill, and the only reason in the past I worried I was pregnant is because I was still breastfeeding and AF didn't come at all! I've only had AF back since June or July (got prego with my last baby in 2010)!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to take any other sort of hormonal BC pills because I have migraines, along with vision problems, vomitting and numbness when I'm pregnant. Due to that, it is "safe" for me to take the mini pill, but not other hormonal BC, since my migraines are due to hormones.

I have thought about FAM or NFP but I fear that is not a wise option for us, we get pregnant VERY easily.

Kap7270 10-27-2012 08:26 PM

The Creighton Model (a NFP method) is 99.5% effective for avoiding pregnancy with perfect use and 96.8% effective with typical use. That is as effective as the pill.