Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   anyone else have coloured milk? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456993)

MsGiggles 10-24-2012 11:00 AM

anyone else have coloured milk?

Mine is blue-green. :headscratch: Little one is on a nursing strike so i've started pumping and am surprised at the colour. I assume it is b/c of antibiotics I'm currently on. ...or the smarties I keep sneaking from our hallowe'en candy to give out. :giggle:

Seriously, though, has anyone else had this?

leyash 10-24-2012 11:02 AM

Re: anyone else have coloured milk?

Mine was a yellow-beige color, lol. I have nursed three kids, and it was the same each time. Are you sure it's not the tint from the bottle/bag coming through, showing up as blue-green?

MsGiggles 10-24-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash (Post 15852640)
... Are you sure it's not the tint from the bottle/bag coming through, showing up as blue-green?

I've used these bottles with the last LO and earlier with this LO and milk was always white & sometimes a yellowish-white, as you described. Never blue-green before. I asked DH about it from across the room while pumping and he shrugged and said "looks normal to me" but when I brought the bottle to him afterwards it was "woah. Yes that is blue. Weird.":headscratch:

I've had some in the fridge overnight and it still looks blue today, so not just the lighting in the room, either.

FWIW, the antibiotics I'm on are a bright turquoise colour.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-24-2012 11:20 AM

take a picture:giggle:
My milk is yellow/white

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-24-2012 11:21 AM

take a picture:giggle:
My milk is yellow/white

momof3boys1girl 10-24-2012 11:21 AM

ive heard this before try kelly mom. Sure it normal

Catbutt Diapers 10-24-2012 11:42 AM

mine wanders from white to blue to yellow to grey. I have a rainbow of milk :)

happysmileylady 10-24-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers (Post 15852807)
mine wanders from white to blue to yellow to grey. I have a rainbow of milk :)

Yep, mine too, depending on what I eat. Now that doesn't automatically mean blue food = blue milk, but generally, for me, the higher in fat foods result in yellower (is that a word?) milk, lower in fat stuff is more blue.

Teexie 10-24-2012 12:31 PM

Mine was white to bluish. Less fat in the milk can = more bluish tint. The more engorged I was, the more blue the milk was.

tibeca 10-24-2012 05:12 PM

Mine runs towards the orange end. I make highly fatty milk (based on how much fat comes out and settles on the top) despite a lower fat diet. As long as it smells and tastes normal, no worries!