Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Had to go to the ER yesterday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457308)

iwiamandaiwi 10-25-2012 09:13 AM

Had to go to the ER yesterday

I have been having really bad MS since about week 6 and I have missed a lot of work over it. I keep telling my doctor and she keeps brushing me off. She did give me some zofran to shut me up but it didn't work. Anyways...I had to call in the last two days at work because I was spending hours upon hours on my bathroom floor and just could NOT function. Yesterday I was in the bathroom being sick as usual and I stared to get these horrible cramps. Like period cramps but way worse. When I tried to stand up I got really dizzy and I felt so weak. I stumbled over to the bed and grabbed my phone to call my doctor. She told me to go to the ER so that is what I did. Well, actually I went to urgent care because it is cheaper with my insurance. They told me that I am very dehydrated and that is most likely why i was having the cramps (the cramps were my biggest concern. I wasn't bleeding but I was still terrified I was going to miscarry) as well as my other symptoms. They gave me an IV and prescribed some phenergan and sent me home with strict instructions to go to the ER next time because they do not have the equiptment to monitor the baby at urgent care. So all is well, thank God. The cramping stopped once I got the IV fluids and the phenergen seems to at least take the edge off the nausea. I was able to wake up this morning and get ready for work and almos tmake it into work before I had to vomit. the ony issue is that it knocks me out so I can really only take it at night. I'm ten weeks now so hopefully this will end soon and I will not have to keep going back for IVs my whole pregnancy ugh.

davidsgirl777 10-25-2012 10:04 AM

Oy mama so sorry this pregnancy is so rough!! That's awful your vomiting so much you got dehydrated!

leyash 10-25-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Had to go to the ER yesterday

So glad everything turned out okay!

mrspopo 10-25-2012 11:44 AM

I had to go to the ER for the same reason at 5 weeks! Not fun. I'm 12 weeks now and just starting to have the nausea taper off.

jennayoung99 10-25-2012 11:57 AM

woah thats scary! so happy everything turned out ok. i hope your sickness gets better.

MommaLEB 10-25-2012 04:03 PM

I'm glad everything is okay and I hope you feel better soon! I've avoided the ER so far this pregnancy, but my m/s seems to be getting worse daily.

Mommyto2B2G 10-25-2012 08:36 PM

wow that is so scary. I'm glad your ok now.

MommaLEB 10-26-2012 09:05 AM

I meant to add that phenegran knocked me out too, and didn't really work. You might want to try zofran. It's worked 100 times better for me.