Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What is a natural consequence to (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457310)

Honeymommy3 10-25-2012 10:17 AM

What is a natural consequence to

forgetting a lunchbox at school? My dd has been doing this constantly. 2 out of the last three days she has left her lunch bag (and back up) at school. I had to send her with a third one today!! She did it two or three times last week also. She's in first grade so this isn't a foreign idea to her. And I understand it can happen occasionally. But not 2-3 times every week.

Anyone have an idea?

EmilytheStrange 10-25-2012 10:18 AM

Re: What is a natural consequence to

making her take her lunch in an ugly brown bag or plastic sack?

my2sweets 10-25-2012 10:47 AM

Yep ugly brown paper bag. And if it happens enough to were you run out Id make her pay for the next pack.

HeatherlovesCDs 10-25-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2sweets (Post 15856528)
Yep ugly brown paper bag. And if it happens enough to were you run out Id make her pay for the next pack.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Or a plastic grocery bag, which is even uglier and free. :giggle:

abunchoflemons 10-25-2012 10:51 AM

We stop letting take a lunch for a while.

harmoni247 10-25-2012 11:26 AM

I'd probably put lunch in a smaller brown bag and say that their "insert favorite food here" wont fit in this bag, so if they keep forgetting their lunch bag, they just wont get to eat "insert favorite food" for lunch anymore.

Rewind_Selector 10-25-2012 11:45 AM

No lunch!

mibarra 10-25-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harmoni247 (Post 15856670)
I'd probably put lunch in a smaller brown bag and say that their "insert favorite food here" wont fit in this bag, so if they keep forgetting their lunch bag, they just wont get to eat "insert favorite food" for lunch anymore.

I like this. And if they hate the school lunch they could buy too, but that might be dangerous if they decide they like that 'food' better...

canadianbakers 10-25-2012 12:08 PM

Our kids are made to take their lunch in a plastic grocery bag - they don't forget their lunchbox again after that!
It's helpful, too, that they walk to and from school, and it's less than a mile up the road. So if they get home and realize they've forgotten something, they can run up the road and pick it up before the teachers leave.

CarrieMF 10-25-2012 12:35 PM

I don't see this as needing a consequence.

If my kids forget their lunchbag they take it in a grocery bag. Buying lunch isn't an option at their school & not taking any lunch is ridiculous. They have to take it in something so a plastic bag it is. They aren't the only ones who do it. I've seen teachers take thier lunches in plastic bags & sometimes dh does too.