Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457424)

boysniris 10-25-2012 02:14 PM

Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
How important is it to you that a fleece diaper cover, be it a pull-on soaker/snapping or hook/loop wrap/longies/shorties etc, have a fairly bulletproof wet-zone?

adjroberts 10-26-2012 09:30 AM

It is very important to me. If the cover is not bulletproof, I would rather just let DS go coverless.

boysniris 10-26-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adjroberts (Post 15860762)
It is very important to me. If the cover is not bulletproof, I would rather just let DS go coverless.

Thank you for your reply!!!

I'm doing some tinkering w/EmotiBums and I think I'm going to make Windpro/Polartec fleece standard through the wet-zone. This will make my fleece covers more wet-resistant, but with a minimal price increase. So far most of the feedback I have received is that this would be a good move... there are lots of competitively priced fleece cover options on Etsy etc for people who really don't care or want that (or they could always request a custom w/o the extra protection).

percussionsmith 10-26-2012 11:40 AM

Re: Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
We used a LOT of fleece, both covers and pockets. I loved when we were visiting family and I knew I could put him in the car seat for the trip, then let someone hold him straight from the drive and not be worried that they'd get compression wetness, therefore giving cloth a bad name! (hope that all made sense!) But yes...very important!

boysniris 10-28-2012 09:26 AM

Re: Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
Thanks for your votes and comments -- keep 'em coming! :hugegrin:

craftinmama 10-29-2012 03:19 PM

Re: Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 15860899)
Thank you for your reply!!!

I'm doing some tinkering w/EmotiBums and I think I'm going to make Windpro/Polartec fleece standard through the wet-zone. This will make my fleece covers more wet-resistant, but with a minimal price increase. So far most of the feedback I have received is that this would be a good move... there are lots of competitively priced fleece cover options on Etsy etc for people who really don't care or want that (or they could always request a custom w/o the extra protection).

To keep both customers could you add an option at checkout for the type of fleece (and price) that they would want?

doulamomma 10-29-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftinmama

To keep both customers could you add an option at checkout for the type of fleece (and price) that they would want?

I like this idea. I want our fleece covers to be pretty bullet proof, but price is important too. I've never had one of your covers/longies leak, so not sure a price increase would be worth it for me, but it probably wouldn't stop me from buying either.

Sent from my droid

boysniris 10-29-2012 05:30 PM

Re: Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craftinmama (Post 15872437)
To keep both customers could you add an option at checkout for the type of fleece (and price) that they would want?

That's an interesting option that I had not considered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulamomma (Post 15872630)
I like this idea. I want our fleece covers to be pretty bullet proof, but price is important too. I've never had one of your covers/longies leak, so not sure a price increase would be worth it for me, but it probably wouldn't stop me from buying either.

Sent from my droid

It ended up being a $0.75 increase across the board, but for a nearly bullet-proof wet-zone I think it's worth it :mrgreen:

TrennaII 10-30-2012 11:34 AM

Re: Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 15872918)
It ended up being a $0.75 increase across the board, but for a nearly bullet-proof wet-zone I think it's worth it :mrgreen:

Uhm yes. I think anything less than $2, even the most frugal among us can tolerate!

boysniris 11-07-2012 11:09 AM

Re: Fleece diaper cover users (and wannabes LOL)
 
Thanks for all the feedback :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors