Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   pumpkin seeds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457507)

AVDesigns 10-25-2012 06:29 PM

pumpkin seeds

The kids and I carved a pumpkin tonight and I want to try roasting the seeds. I've never had pumpking seeds and I'd like to try them..but I don't want anything spiced or cinnamon. Maybe just some salt. Can someone tell me how to make them? I looked up recipes online, but I'd love personal opinions on how to do it.

abunchoflemons 10-25-2012 06:49 PM

Re: pumpki seeds

I think sometime we did baking sheet & oven on 350. Can't remember how long. It was when I was little. Yea maybe a little salt. Depends on ur taste.

3Xblessed 10-25-2012 06:54 PM

I toss ours with some melted butter and sea salt. Then I put them on a cookie sheet in the oven. I don't remember the temp or time. Check out allrecipes.com

mom22sofar 10-25-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Xblessed (Post 15858865)
I toss ours with some melted butter and sea salt. Then I put them on a cookie sheet in the oven. I don't remember the temp or time. Check out allrecipes.com

this, there is a recipe on allrecipes.com that is amazing but it has other spices, but you can just do plain salt to

z2akids 10-25-2012 10:30 PM

Re: pumpkin seeds

I wash them really well and then let them dry overnight. Spritz them with a little bit of water and them sprinkle with salt or whatever other spices you want. I put them in the oven at 200 and just watch them.

misskira 10-25-2012 11:02 PM

We just wash them and put them in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Dh likes salt and pepper on them. 200-250 degrees until they are lightly golden.

A local farm sells their pumpkins for $.25/ea the day after Halloween so dh makes me get a trunk full.

bobbyjk 10-26-2012 08:41 AM

FYI- I have heard that soaking the guts (for lack of a better term) will help to separate the seeds, since the seeds will float to the top...:) love me some pumpkin seeds

3lilbubs 10-26-2012 10:52 AM

I rinse them well in a colander, spread them out on a cookie sheet and let them dry overnight. In the morning, I toss them with a little bit of olive oil and salt and bake them at 300 until they're as brown as I'd like.

Only 10-26-2012 10:59 AM

I love pumpkin seeds. We are finally carving pumpkins this weekend, can't wait to eat some seeds.

keonli 10-26-2012 11:02 AM

We rinse them out, let them dry, and then either toss them on a cookie sheet and bake or sautee them with a bit of butter over the stove top.