Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Plaleo/Primal Chat October, November & December (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457536)

AmberP 10-25-2012 07:49 PM

Plaleo/Primal Chat October, November & December

Better late that never!

How is everyone doing? I've fallen off the wagon a couple times, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over it.

Has anyone given any thought to Holiday meals and traditions yet?

AmberP 10-31-2012 12:26 PM

Re: Plaleo/Primal Chat October, November & December

*crickets*

What do you do about Halloween in your house?

HillbillyMama 10-31-2012 01:01 PM

I am determined to start tomorrow, so can I join in?? :) I did a lot of baking this morning (coconut flour banana muffins) so I don't have any excuse tomorrow morning when I wake up and don't want to be motivated :)

gauchainla 11-02-2012 09:06 PM

I have to say thepaleomom.com and paleo parents.com has been a big help for me. I am trying to get my meal plans in order weekly but it's tough since I work full time...

snugsboutique 11-02-2012 09:09 PM

I've stayed mostly paleo, I have refused to give up rice and rice noodles :) LOL But as for wheat, it's dead to me :giggle:

Colorwithwords 11-04-2012 04:59 PM

We are still here! We got practical paleo and started the 30 day digestive health today!

It's been ok for me and DH but my 2 year old keeps crying for candy and chocolate (thank you Halloween).

For thanksgiving I'm thinking of making a turkey, Brussel sprouts with bacon, sweet potatoes with cinnamon and coconut oil, and green beans.

Then pumpkin pie and apple pie with nut crusts!

Veg's Dragonflies 11-04-2012 08:00 PM

I'm thinking of doing the paleo-diet but if I do, I am determined to do it fully with the raw meat and all. But really felt good after i switched to a fish and frit diet. I gained muscle back and just wanted to take off running. I had so much energy and dropped down to 118lbs from 130lbs in two weeks. I went from a size 8 to a 5. I've still got more research to do before I make the big decision. :)

blackbirdmama*3 11-06-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veg's Dragonflies (Post 15896548)
I'm thinking of doing the paleo-diet but if I do, I am determined to do it fully with the raw meat and all. But really felt good after i switched to a fish and frit diet. I gained muscle back and just wanted to take off running. I had so much energy and dropped down to 118lbs from 130lbs in two weeks. I went from a size 8 to a 5. I've still got more research to do before I make the big decision. :)

Lurking this thread and just wanted to say my cousin lives in Ft. Gibson and I live near Tahlequah! I am contemplating going paleo from veg myself.

AmberP 11-06-2012 04:04 PM

Still here. I've been sliding a bit.... Hello Pad Thai.

dressagemom 11-11-2012 07:09 PM

Can I join? I was doing great until we moved in the summer, and I haven't been able to get back on the wagon completely since then. I've been on again, off again, and I'm frustrated with my weight (well, more my shape and extra padding, hehe). As far as the holidays, I think I will not be able to stay paleo/primal. I think I will be able to do fairly well except for the actual day of our family gathering.

Part of my problem is that we have been broke.broke.broke, and I've not been able to buy anything at all for a large part of the summer. So, we are now in a slightly better position, and I'm hoping we can keep the fridge stocked better. Have you ever been paleo/primal on an extremely tight budget? How did you do it?