Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Prayers - I'm scared for DH (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457614)

snoggle 10-26-2012 07:18 AM

Prayers - I'm scared for DH

So we're expecting our first in December, right around my 37th birthday. It took us years to conceive. We're looking forward to welcoming DS into the world. My pregnancy has been easy and completely trouble free! I just started a new job that will allow me to work part-time once the baby is here and is much closer to home.

But about a month ago my mom (age 70) started deteriorating (she's been pretty unhealthy for a long time) and after a long stay in multiple hospitals she's in a nursing home for rehab. She's not participating in her rehab and it looks like we're going to start the process to move her full-time into a nursing home. I have a meeting on this today with the skilled nursing facility. She was living in her own house with her 3 dogs and cats until this started and she just retired 1 1/2 years ago from teaching high school. I have 3 siblings, but for multiple reasons, most of this falls on me.

Yesterday, my DH found a lump on his neck/shoulder area. We're both nurse practitioners and to make a very long story short, it looks an awful lot like a lymph node indicative of Hodgkins Lymphoma (which I know is very treatable, but it still sucks.). He's had labs drawn, some of which will come back today. He's got an appointment with his primary care doc (who he's talked to on the phone about this in great detail already) to get set up with a surgeon for a removal and biopsy next week.

I'm not sure how much more I can handle. My husband is my partner in every way and I'm terrified. I usually call my mom to talk about things, but she's gotten very confused and it makes me so sad to talk to her. I don't want to talk about this to anyone we know, until we have a definite diagnosis, but I need prayers and support.

Done at 3 10-26-2012 07:24 AM

I'm sorry you have so much on your shoulders :( I really hope everything with your DH is okay.

sojomisa 10-26-2012 07:25 AM

Re: Prayers - I'm scared for DH

I'm sorry, mama! It sounds really stressful for your family right now. Praying that your dh doesn't have cancer, and that you find a facility that is just right for your mom.

When things get crazy focus on your wonderful, new squishy coming in a few weeks! :goodvibes: :pray:

sojomisa 10-26-2012 07:25 AM

dp

Only 10-26-2012 11:29 AM

I'm so sorry, mama. :hugs: I'll pray for your family.

3lilbubs 10-26-2012 11:32 AM

:hugs:

AcrossTheUniverse 10-26-2012 11:35 AM

I'm praying for you!

I used to work at a nursing home and I know you will be able to find one that will take great care of your mom!

I hope your DH doesn't have cancer, either. However, my mom had Hodgkin's Lymphoma 10 years ago and after about a year of chemo/radiation she went into remission and has been doing good ever since.

Try to take it easy, take it one day at a time if you have to. :hugs:

Melmonkey 10-26-2012 12:23 PM

huge hugs :hugs:

snoggle 10-26-2012 05:14 PM

Hubby's labs came back normal! :happyclap:

This means one of two things: either this lump is not lymphoma and not a big deal or if it is lymphoma, he found it really early! Either way, this is good.

Primary care doc agreed that it is very suspicious feeling/looking and that he needs a biopsy, which is scheduled for Wednesday. Hoping for the best!

sojomisa 10-26-2012 09:12 PM

So glad to read that his labs are normal! I hope Wednesday goes smoothly, and those results are great as well. :hugs: