Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   antimullerian test results are devastating - Update pg 2 - I've got eggs! :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457769)

sasra_nu 10-26-2012 01:18 PM

antimullerian test results are devastating - Update pg 2 - I've got eggs! :)

Typing on my phone so sorry to be brief .. but I had antimullerian hormone testing done Saturday. It came back at less than .16. Which is, from everything I can Google, like crazy menopausal low. This is the hormone that measures egg quality and reserve.

I'm almost 33, not that old. I've been pregnant twice in the last 1.5 years but lost both.

I am waiting for the Dr to call and discuss with me, the nurse just told me the # and I went straight to Dr Google. I think Dr might be out of the office till Monday.

I'm just devastated, feel like I've been punched in the gut. This doesn't mean we can't conceive, but it stacks the odds that much higher against me.

I am starting femara with monitoring and hcg trigger this month. I guess we will see how many follicles I get.

Im just gutted. Please send babydust and prayers my way. Maybe the test was wrong or a decimal point was off our something. I am definitely asking for a redraw at a different lab and follow up testing. And praying, and trying to remember that even if my eggs do turn out to be all dried up and rotten at 33 years old, thank God I have my beautiful little girl.

newmommy13 10-26-2012 01:23 PM

Im so sorry mama! :hugs:

c&w's mama 10-26-2012 01:58 PM

Re: antimullerian test results are devastating

:hugs:

TonyKariTony 10-26-2012 02:08 PM

:hugs: :babydust:

happysmileylady 10-26-2012 02:29 PM

Conception is possible. My numbers came back low also (years ago) though not that low. My DD2 was conceived through IVF, however, DD3 and the little boy I just had were totally on our own (and only planned in the sense that we were NTNP.)

Love4leon 10-26-2012 03:25 PM

Sarah- I am so sorry! That is a blow. I hope that you are able to talk to the Dr before Monday- that is so much to take in on a Friday. Can they give you the actual report in an email? My insurance sends the lab results to my online account so that I can read the results- like you said, maybe she had the number wrong or you heard it wrong? I hope that they can help you get your questions answered- online searches for information can sometimes cause needless worry- I sure hope that is the case for you.

mommy2boys2007 10-26-2012 10:57 PM

Have you heard of Pregnitude? it is a new supplement that is supposed to help with quality of eggs. Might be worth the $35.00 a month???

Nickel+3 10-27-2012 01:44 PM

I'm so sorry!

Robin 10-27-2012 05:48 PM

:babydust: :hugs:

Kap7270 10-27-2012 08:51 PM

:hugs: praying you get better answers soon.