Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   recomendations from expirienced mamas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457804)

rosi_cakes 10-26-2012 02:49 PM

recomendations from expirienced mamas?

Hello ladies :) okay so my son is 7 1/2 months old and up until now I've only used to cheap slings (hold me close rs and a hotsling of ebay) and I think i deserve something better ;) lol the problem is im not too sure what I want. Okay so I'm not a big fan of structured carriers just because I like a more "natural" look. I like wraps but I dont think I have the patience needed to learn how to use one. Ive seen some things called mei tais but there are just so manu brands that I dont even know where to start. I'd really appreciate it if someone could plea,se point me in the right direction :) TIA

Winehouse27 10-26-2012 05:40 PM

Re: recomendations from expirienced mamas?

I have the Maman Kangourou which is pretty identical to the Moby wrap.

rosi_cakes 10-26-2012 06:17 PM

Is it any easier to use than the moby wrap? Because the moby wraps seem complicated to me

kelly_jeanie 10-26-2012 06:58 PM

A mei tai would be great for you. There are a ton of brands but really it's a matter of finding one that fits you best. I'd stalk FSOT until a good brand with a pretty print popped up with a price you can handle and try it out. Or better, do you have a local shop that sells slings? If you could try one on that would be perfect! My first "real" carrier was a Kozy mei tai, I loved it.

rosi_cakes 10-26-2012 07:12 PM

Is there any specific brand that makes good mei tai carriers?

Winehouse27 10-27-2012 04:25 AM

Ya the Moby is a little bit complicated. But you get the hang out it eventually. I have a lot if friends that also swear by the Ergo and mei tei. Good luck! I agree you have to find the right one. My 3 month old loves the baby bjorn for fun play time and the Moby for quiet time. Good luck!

rosi_cakes 10-27-2012 10:53 AM

Wait so do most of you have more than one carrier? Also can babies move their arms in a mei tai? DS likes being able to reach and grab everything

Celestials 10-29-2012 04:17 PM

Hmm.. So are you not a fan of structure like kelty packs? Because I really do love my ergo. I started with a moby then switched to the ergo once he was big enough. Good luck!

kelly_jeanie 10-29-2012 08:27 PM

There are a lot of great brands for mei tai, Kozy was the only one I tried but there are a bunch of others - Babyhawk is another good one. Yes, the arms can be free, check Youtube for Mei Tai Carrier videos to see some examples. :)

Junipervt 10-29-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosi_cakes (Post 15863118)
Is there any specific brand that makes good mei tai carriers?

we have 2 baby hawks & like them b/c you can customize your carrier by picking the print & strap color & if they have a pocket or a toy ring. they are also super comfy :goodvibes: