Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   12 month old Grinding Her Teeth? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14579)

OneFabMama 06-15-2006 09:56 AM

12 month old Grinding Her Teeth?

Early this morning while my daughter was asleep I woke up to hear her grinding her teeth. Is this normal? DH said he has heard her do it before.
What should I do? It cant be good since her teeth are still so fragile and it's not a good habit to get into anyway.
Anyone elses DC's do this?

offlikeapromdress 06-15-2006 10:10 AM

Re: 12 month old Grinding Her Teeth?

my 3 yr old has done this for the last year. Our dentist said its not a big deal, that most kids do it. but Im not convinced, call your dentist and ask them.

Luv2bemommy 06-15-2006 10:18 AM

All my kids have done this.. When I asked the dentist she told me it was normal for them to do it, more then likley they do it because they are teething and it makes their gums feel better..

Meghan does this all the time now and shes 10months (almost), my other 2 have stopped thank god. LOL

bfoster2000 06-15-2006 11:37 AM

DJ went through this and thank goodness it eventually passed! I HATE that sound! His ped and the pediatric dentist I called both said that it's normal and not to worry. DJ did it when he was awake and they both said to try not to make a big deal about it so that he didn't think the reaction was funny. Like the PP, he usually did it when teething so he would stop for a while and then start again. Good luck!

EmnJJsMom 06-15-2006 11:45 AM

I ignored my dd when she would grind her teeth, she grew out of it.

Momma_of_3 06-15-2006 11:48 AM

Both my 5 yr old & 3 yr old do it. I HATE it. My dentist said there wasn't much to do at this young of an age. When they are older you can use a bite guard at night when they sleep. I hope they grow out of it though.

Shannon 06-15-2006 01:12 PM

Ditto everyone else, My ODD who is almost 4 does this in her sleep all night long. I HATE HATE the sound...I can't fall asleep if she is doing it because it freaks me out(the sound) I asked the dentist about it as well when we had her teeth cleaned and it's normal and nothing to worry about.((HUGS)))

Shannon 06-15-2006 01:13 PM

Also to go even further about the mouth gaurd, you don't want to risk using one too early as they can choke on them in their sleep:)

I grind my teeth when I sleep as well....I've never out grown it.:(

elioraimmanuel 06-15-2006 01:58 PM

My 15 month old DH has been grinding his for awhile; asleep and awake. It's not a problem unless he'd BFing at the time:eek: !

bfoster2000 06-16-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elioraimmanuel
My 15 month old DH has been grinding his for awhile; asleep and awake. It's not a problem unless he'd BFing at the time:eek: !

Your DH grinds his teeth while breastfeeding? Yikes! :giggle:

Sorry...just couldn't resist! :laugh: