Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Potty recommmendations for a boy..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457955)

eva_luvs_dave 10-27-2012 02:12 AM

Potty recommmendations for a boy.....

I bought ds a potty....soooo didnt work out for us. When he sits..."everything" sits on and over the splash guard :( Looking for potty recommendations for a boy so I dont end up buying several in the process of finding one that is best for boys! Thanks ;)

Sent from my LG Esteem

LaurenAppenzeller 10-27-2012 06:58 AM

Re: Potty recommmendations for a boy.....

I just had to teach him to make sure it was tucked in everytime and we got one that was 3 pieces so now we just use the seat which doubles as a seat for the big toilet and the base which doubles as a stool upside does and we put away the part that he used to go in and now he just climbs up there and goes and if it ends up being number 2 we can flush it and I don't have to deal with. Rinsing it out or dumping it. . He actually goes pee now standing and aiming from the stool but when he first learned he just had to tuck it in when he sat. I know that's not really what you were asking...but that's how I did it with mine who is now 2 and a half

strongwoman 10-27-2012 04:23 PM

The Baby Bjorn potty chair worked for our DS1 when he was first learning at 20 months. DS3 is ECing at 3 months so the Baby Bjorn Little Potty is great, just have to aim his parts down. DS2 (22 months) is not that interested in pottying but we have the BB smart potty for him and just aim the parts down. Maybe the potty you have is just fine; just got to teach him to aim :)

ETA: look on Craigslist for theBBPC, much cheaper!

eva_luvs_dave 10-27-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongwoman (Post 15865465)
The Baby Bjorn potty chair worked for our DS1 when he was first learning at 20 months. DS3 is ECing at 3 months so the Baby Bjorn Little Potty is great, just have to aim his parts down. DS2 (22 months) is not that interested in pottying but we have the BB smart potty for him and just aim the parts down. Maybe the potty you have is just fine; just got to teach him to aim :)

No it's not. When he sits down himself his "junk" sits ontop and over the splash guard. I'm thinking it's more of the shape than anything...he sits too far forward on it.

eva_luvs_dave 10-27-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongwoman (Post 15865465)

No it's not. When he sits down himself his "junk" sits ontop and over the splash guard. I'm thinking it's more of the shape than anything...he sits too far forward on it.

What is the BBPC? lol

visioner 10-27-2012 07:34 PM

We have the Fisher Price froggy potty.

strongwoman 10-27-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva_luvs_dave (Post 15865965)

What is the BBPC? lol

Lol, sounds like it is the chair that's causing problems! What potty is it? Oh, the BBPC is the Baby Bjorn Potty Chair :). Cracks me up that you call his parts "junk"!

eva_luvs_dave 10-29-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongwoman

Lol, sounds like it is the chair that's causing problems! What potty is it? Oh, the BBPC is the Baby Bjorn Potty Chair :). Cracks me up that you call his parts "junk"!

Lol. Yes and they absolutely are not but ....yea.

I will look into the froggy potty and/or the BBPC :) Thanks!

Sent from my LG Esteem

luvsviola 10-29-2012 10:16 PM

We love the froggy potty here for my son. It is nice and high.

sweetpeapumpkinbaby 11-05-2012 06:16 PM

We have the Prince Lionheart potty seat http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionhea...ionheart+potty.

We also have the Pourty http://www.amazon.com/Pourty-P1W-Eas...s=pourty+potty as a backup for when the big potty is in use.