Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Recommendations?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458140)

kelpie169 10-27-2012 07:50 PM

Recommendations??

Now that I'm completely 100% done having kids, I've decided that it's time to start getting my body back where I want it. But I have a confession.

I HATE to exercise.

Like seriously, I'd rather pull out my fingernails with rusty pliers. I just want to get healthy though. I don't really care about the number on the scale because I know how useless that number really is. I used to be anorexic and bulemic, but now my diet is pretty good. So the diet portion of getting in shape is pretty well controlled. Now, however, I need to exercise. And I need recommendations for a program that may have worked for you and that is fun.

MinkaK 10-27-2012 07:58 PM

Re: Recommendations??

What do you like to do? Are you social? I am an introvert but I love zumba classes. I swim when I get a chance. I have started running ( even though I loathe it- seriously when I started, I ran to "I hate this, I hate this" going through my head). I just recently started doing THIS for weightlifting. I started the beginning of this month with 5lb weights ( and I could barely finish) and as of today it is almost too easy and I am going to 8lbs weights.

krispy79 10-28-2012 11:00 AM

I hate exercise, working out, etc. I do take a yoga class once a week, but the already paid for class is the only reason I actually do it.
I am on day 14 of the jm 30day shred and I have to say I am (1) amazed that I am still doing it and its probably because its only 20 minutes. (2) I already see results, in the tape measure and via pictures. (3) today I realized a lot of my back pain has disappeared.
I hope you find something that works for you!

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum

kelpie169 10-28-2012 02:18 PM

I like to do things outside but I also hate it since we live in Florida and its too dang hot! But that would be preferable to me. Honestly I used to box and I loved that. I hate running-bad knees and shins make it way too painful. And I hate going to a gym. I dunno why. Yoga I actually like but never seem to have the motivation to do. But when I was doing it I loved how it made my back feel...and now my back is killing me so maybe that's an idea. Hum. Thanks for the suggestions! Any more out there?

munchkinflame13 10-28-2012 02:47 PM

I love the 30 day shred, too. . . you can find it on youtube for free if you want to try it. Also, if you like to box, you should try Tae Bo. Its got a lot of punching and kicking in it. . . HTHs :)

Also, I used to hate running, but I've been doing C25K and I'm actually starting to enjoy running, so maybe if you just give it a try and stick to it, you'll start to like it. I like spinning, too. . . Its addictive ;)

CMamma 10-29-2012 04:19 PM

I'm anti-workout myself. Unless it's in a group & I'm halfway being forced, it doesn't happen lol And the only reason it happens then is b/c I'm so stubborn & I don't want to look like I can't do something.

The best thing I've found to do is find a way to workout that doesn't seem like working out - like we went mushroom hunting in the woods here & I walked a couple miles, I'm sure. Didn't think of it as a workout b/c I didn't set out to do one. Same thing with chores outside or inside - things like helping DH with stacking firewood, line drying laundry, playing catch with the kids or frisbee with the dog, etc. I try to make a lot of things "count" or get extra movement out of them... like when I line dry clothes, I take the basket outside & I will take out one item, walk to the end of the line, pin it, then walk back to the basket, get one item again, etc... it may be silly, but I am forcing myself to walk more and further.

I cut out all refined foods from my diet as well.

Mac & Cheeses mom 10-29-2012 05:02 PM

I hate to exercise too

I have found crossfit workouts or circuit training like 30 day shred seem to make me happiest. It keeps my attention and I find it fun. HTH