Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Update in OP 11/4 What would you do? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458268)

mommy2kaitlyn 10-28-2012 08:55 AM

Update in OP 11/4 What would you do?

11/4 I couldn't get on a computer til now. I wanted to update that she found her costume in the one place she swore she looked 3 times in our room so I didn't look. It was in her stuff! She wrote out a nice apology, but hasn't done a thing in it since Halloween. :banghead: So basically she lied that she even put it in her back pack! Then tried to hide that fact, thought I would give in before she had to come up with the costume. No wonder she acted so unconcerned!

I will tell what I did later, just wasn't unbiased opinions.
Your almost 10 year old, 4th grade child loses their Halloween costume from their backpack at school. You knew the costume was there as they had to wear it after school.
What do you do for punishment?

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.

Eta. Update on page two

kaia.aline 10-28-2012 09:03 AM

No new costume for TOTing?

Rhianna'sMommy 10-28-2012 09:11 AM

Re: What would you do?

I wouldn't buy a new costume. Make them check the school on Monday for it and then they'd have to find something around the house to dress up for trick or treating.

luvsviola 10-28-2012 09:11 AM

I would first email the teacher and ask if it is just at school or there are extenuating circumstances on that front.

As for punishment...probably make kiddo wear the costume from last year.

mommabritt 10-28-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaia.aline
No new costume for TOTing?

This. Sad but necessary.

CarrieMF 10-28-2012 09:41 AM

They check monday at school(and they will most likely find it). If it isn't there they wear an old costume.

I don't consider it to be a punishment(or that a punishment is needed).

Geckmumto3 10-28-2012 10:00 AM

Well, I would call the teacher/send a note to the teacher to ask if DD can have a look around. I would encourage DD to check where she had been that day to make sure it was truly lost. Once hope was given up, I would encourage her to find something that we already own.

Depending on the kid and how responsible or irresponsible she generally was, I would give more or less help and support in finding it and or creating a new costume. I would not be buying anything new, no matter what, though.

nicolemariep 10-28-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geckmumto3 (Post 15867665)
Well, I would call the teacher/send a note to the teacher to ask if DD can have a look around. I would encourage DD to check where she had been that day to make sure it was truly lost. Once hope was given up, I would encourage her to find something that we already own.

Depending on the kid and how responsible or irresponsible she generally was, I would give more or less help and support in finding it and or creating a new costume. I would not be buying anything new, no matter what, though.

This.

NYCVeg 10-28-2012 10:21 AM

I don't see any need for "punishment."

Like others, I would have the child check for the costume at school on Monday and then help put together something new if necessary. I would not buy a new costume, though.

crunchymamaNY 10-28-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolemariep (Post 15867693)
This.

yep ^^^

No need for punishment, as I'm sure she feels pretty bad and embarrassed about it all. I def wouldn't buy another one.