Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   This is what I have...What can I make? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458326)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 10-28-2012 01:01 PM

This is what I have...What can I make?

Budget is super low and I have a ton of food I just don't know what I can make from it. A lot of it is stuff I have had for a while but I just don't know what to do with it. I'd love to not have to buy any groceries til Wednesday but if I needed an ingredient or two I could handle that. This is literally everything in the my kitchen except for a few random things. I'm mostly having trouble coming up with stuff because I don't have any meat and I don't know how to cook without meat! Any ideas you have for meals would be great!

Yellow cake mix
Stove Top stuffing
Elbow macaroni (TONS)
Egg noodles
Raisin
Peanut butter
Onion Soup Mix
Brown gravy mix (TONS)
Chicken gravy mix
Instant packets of plain oatmeal (TONS)
Steel cut oats
Brown rice (TONS)
Dry lima beans
Canned veg (green beans, pinto beans, black beans, corn)
Bag of milk choc chips
Chicken broth (TONS)
Cream of chicken, celery, mushroom soup
Walnuts
Veg oil, Canola oil, olive oil
Flour (all kinds)
Sugar (granulated, powder)
Corn starch
Baking pwder
Baking soda
Cocoa powder
Salt
Lard
Coconut oil
Cooking sherry
White cooking wine
Balsamic vinegar
Soy sauce
Eggs (unlimited supply since my granny has chickens)
Bread
Saltines
Packet of ritz crackers
Shredded cheese
Garlic
Partial bag of spinach (NEEDS EATING ASAP)
Baby carrots
Tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes (canned, TONS)
Butter
Jar of salsa
Lemon juice
Milk
Grapes
Apples
Peach (1)
Turkey sandwich meat
4-5 thin sliced chicken breasts (frozen)
Jello
Unflavored gelatin
Chocolate Pudding
Grape jelly

catrinagreene 10-28-2012 01:08 PM

Re: This is what I have...What can I make?

macaroni and tomatoes, im from nc LOL i grew up eating that

you could make spaghetti sauce with the tomato stuff too and just use the macaroni noodles and some garlic bread, we always use whatever pasta we have in the cabinet if were out of spaghetti noodles lol

my uncles girlfriend uses cream of chicken soup in rice its tasty but idk how she does it lol

you could make chicken and rice (you know boil (chicken) it in a pot on the stove then add the rice and some chicken broth since white meat isnt very flavorful when its boiled (again, im from nc lol so im southern)

thats all i can think of from your list lol

armywife2002 10-28-2012 01:22 PM

you can do a chicken stuffing bake- dice and cook chicken, cook stuffing, mix it together with some veggies- we usually use broccoli. if youre too lazy to put it in the oven (us, usually, lol) eat it like that, otherwise you can add a can of cream of whatever, put it in a pan, top with cheese, and bake til its heated through and the cheese is melty

probably lots of egg stuff, since youve got an unlimited supply- quiche, egg salad, omlettes, etc, depending on your cheese supple as well :)

emconigs 10-28-2012 01:35 PM

-Cook spinach with garlic and add in diced tomatoes could also add beans. Put on top of noodles. If you have parmesan or feta cheese they would be yummy on top.

-Breakfast for dinner, oatmeal and eggs

-Stir fry- rice, veggies (carrots, green beans, spinach), eggs, soy sauce

Mama*Kim 10-28-2012 03:28 PM

So, if I'm reading correctly, you're looking for 3 dinner ideas from that list, yes? Here's what I'd do:

Tonight: spinach quiche (crust made of flour and lard or shortening. Filling of eggs, milk, spinach, broccoli, cheese and maybe turkey lunchmeat if you prefer to have meat)

Tomorrow night: bake half of the chicken breasts in salsa. Shred and mix with canned beans and corn. If you have stuff to make cornbread, you can do tamale pie with that as the filling. If you don't have stuff to make cornbread, just serve that filling stuff over rice.

Tuesday night: baked chicken strips. Use remaining chicken cut into smaller strips, dip in an egg wash and coat with crushed ritz crackers. Bake around 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Make chicken gravy to serve with chicken strips. Serve with stuffing and canned green beans or blanched carrots.

Other options, white chicken chili, soups, chicken salsa and rice type casserole, breakfast for dinner (pancakes, eggs, etc - homemade syrup is crazy easy to make if you don't have syrup), fried rice, etc. I'm sure I could come up with a few others.

ETA: grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup! For soup, sauté some garlic and herbs, then add in tomato sauce and a bit of chicken stock. Simmer a while and enjoy with grilled cheese sandwiches (possibly with turkey).

Mama*Kim 10-28-2012 03:36 PM

You also have everything for the world's easiest cookies! 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. Delicious!

kushie tushie 10-28-2012 07:14 PM

You could to a tex mex rice.
Rice
Can of tomatoes
Salsa
Can of beans
(Maybe at a bell pepper)

Top with cheese :)

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

mjhd 10-31-2012 01:51 PM

Grilled PB&J, Turkey Panini, mix the pasta or brown rice with one of the gravy packets & added the chicken on top...

If you're feeling adventurous, you could try to concoct a soup with your favorite items in the crockpot.

Mama*Kim 10-31-2012 02:32 PM

So, Mama, how did the kitchen scrounging go?

Typos courtesy of my "smart" phone.

MotherMoonPads 10-31-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama*Kim (Post 15868674)
You also have everything for the world's easiest cookies! 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. Delicious!

Wait, what? No flour?