Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   **ENDED & PRIZES CLAIMED**Lotto- FFS Alva Pocket Diaper (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458555)

catrinagreene 10-29-2012 08:58 AM

**ENDED & PRIZES CLAIMED**Lotto- FFS Alva Pocket Diaper

Okay, I had the worst luck yesterday, I did go back to the scene of the crime, and my loot was recovered. Only a few things were damaged, but those can be replaced inexpensively.

So here's the deal, I will give away 2 diapers one to each mama, since some moms, were so nice enough to offer me diapers in a price range I could afford, and even an admin offering one basically ffs. Both diapers are NEW IN PACKAGE, and COME WITH 1 MF INSERT

Make sure you put the number (1) or (2), for the question you are answering so I don't confuse myself: You only have to answer one of the questions.

(1) What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you since you have been cloth diapering?

(2) What's the worst thing that has ever happened to your stash since you have been cloth diapering?

I'll be using randompicker.com and adding your usernames as you reply to the post, just so the lotto will be fair.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ictureid=17167

I think $2.50ppd is a reasonable shipping price, to cover pp fees, and packing material, I don't have any mailers so I'll need to get some from the store.

I'll close and announce the winner on Friday! 12pm CST! (I hope that's a long enough time so everyone who wants in can reply)

keen1981 10-29-2012 09:10 AM

Awesome deal!

But I'm confused- you were carrying new diapers- they were stolen and then recovered?

Or your other stash was stolen- but you had new ones the whole time? And you can now spare new ones cause your 8 for each kid was plenty? Lol. Sorry- I am so confused...

But it's a great lotto! Have fun!

Jenn135 10-29-2012 09:13 AM

Re: Lotto- FFS Alva Pocket Diaper

Sorry for your bad day. That stinks!

#2 thankfully the biggest issue we have faced is a dryer sheet in the dryer.

Nice lotto! Thanks!

catrinagreene 10-29-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 15870867)
Awesome deal!

But I'm confused- you were carrying new diapers- they were stolen and then recovered?

Or your other stash was stolen- but you had new ones the whole time? And you can now spare new ones cause your 8 for each kid was plenty? Lol. Sorry- I am so confused...

But it's a great lotto! Have fun!

My recently bought ones( 13 girls (alva/sunbaby lot from armywifebethany), and 8of his/hers of 12 i had purchased from a b/s/t group for my son, "the new stash" of my 25( was what i had in my bag, which was all dumped out like another mama said they would probably do when they didnt find anything they wanted, these were the ones i had extra i was selling the 6 alvas. i had 25, 16 were in the bag about 5 or 6 of those were dirty in my wetbag, the 6 alvas were just extras i had i was selling because 25 was plenty. so i only had 9 left, then the 6 new ones, do you understand?

Charisma 10-29-2012 09:58 AM

(1) What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you since you have been cloth diapering?

Wow, where do I begin? I haven't cloth diapered for a while, but now that I am pregnant with #2 I will be again.

I have had a lot of good experiences and a lot of bad. The worst thing that happened to me was attempting to build up my stash and dealing with some bad mommas. There was one that was a WAHM and took a bunch of orders and then never fulfilled them. The worst part of this was when I filed a claim with Paypal she apparently had A LOT of claims against her. I never got my money back. Also, when I sold a lot of my stash I had a mom who got rude with me over a FFS lot of cloth liners. I had somehow miscounted and had less than I thought. Which as a buyer I would have been okay with getting less of something for free than what I thought. I had like 50 or so of them and she was really rude about it. But anyway, most experiences with fellow CD'ers have been great.

Another bad thing that happened were a lot of blowouts while figuring out what worked best for me. The old Fuzzi Bunz, the Bummis covers, and any other brand that does not have leg gussets. It was just a learning experience for me. Now I am back and there are apparently 100's of new brands of cloth diapers out there and I am frustrated as ever!!!

KelseyH 10-29-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catrinagreene

(2) What's the worst thing that has ever happened to your stash since you have been cloth diapering?

The second time our diapers were ever washed, when I was still trying to feel my way through a wash routine, DH thought he would be helpful and wash them while I was at the doctor. He took 8 or 10 diapers and stuck them in the washer with a double dose of Dreft! I was terrified he had ruined them! It took over a DOZEN rinses to get the suds out. Ahhhh. I think my BP still rises when I think about that! Haha

DragonnMama 10-29-2012 11:09 AM

(2) As a new mama recently back in the States after living in the South Pacific, I KNEW I wanted to CD but was so clueless. I didn't stumble across sites like this until long after I had already gotten my stash -- a whole rainbow of "the Cloth Diapering Gold Standard" Perfect Size FuzziBunz (XS-M). Yeah, you know where this is headed.

We made it through the XS no problem. We started our little one in the smalls around 3.5 months. I had a stash of 18 (too many, by the way) and wound up submitting warranty claims for OVER HALF of those. The question wasn't if the diapers would leak, it was when and how much.

At first, FuzziBunz would just send me a new diaper if I submitted proof of purchase and images of the defective diaper. No problem -- swapped a handful this way and still they were subpar, leaking or delaminating. Then, FuzziBunz told me I had to start mailing them my defective diaper, me paying to ship and insure the package. Finally, I had it out with one of their managers and she agreed to ship me a full stash of OS Elite (I said forget it to more Perfect Size Smalls), which would include a postage-paid label to ship my defective stash back.

Though we haven't had much in the way of problems with the OS Elite, and therefore had somewhat of a peaceful resolution, I cannot believe the headache I went through just because, naive me, chose what seemed a very legitimate, "gold standard" cloth diaper.

HA! Even if I don't win, that felt good to get off my chest. I wonder if there are more FuzziBunz stories like mine? I know that the company got a lot of flack with its recent Shark Tank appearance.

Signed,
DragonnMama
From Hurricane Sandy :)

christina2babyboys 10-29-2012 02:04 PM

2) enter me! I had to sell my entire stash to pay for my bloodwork this pregnancy. (midwife required the blookdwork)

K.D. 10-29-2012 07:02 PM

2. A lot of my diapers got stained from using Grandma El's, which was supposedly cloth diaper-safe. :(

crunchymamaNY 10-29-2012 09:16 PM

This is a super generous offer mama! Thanks, and yes, I'd love to enter :)

Not sure if you'd like to know what's the worst thing that's happened to me personally since I've cloth diapered, or the worst thing that happened with the diapers, so I'll give you a short version of each just in case.

The worst thing that happened to my sons stash of diapers was recent actually. (I posted in the ISO a bit back of this story) The sitter (my mom) watched him all day, and had a bag of dirty diapers. She had them set next to the door when I picked him up, so I can easily get them. Well, my dad thought it was a bag of garbage, and took the bag out and burned it!!! Worst part was they were nice FB diapers and his favorite "bug diaper" was in there as well! To top all of that, he had 2 cute outfits that also went and got burned to pieces as well :( I only had a few pair of pants, and so it was pretty upsetting and they aren't financially stable to help with the cost of rebuilding the stash.

As for the worst thing that's happened to me personally since I've been cloth diapering was back in January when I had a miscarriage. I would have been due on my daughters birthday. It was a difficult miscarriage (as any would be).

There is a possiblity I could be pregnant right now.....I feel the same symptoms as I did when I lost the last one. I'm pretty scared, and it's too early yet to get a good test to know for sure. I'll know in the next few days though, and I'll be seeing my MW right away if I am. I'll need to get testing as this last mc was my 2nd one.