Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   4 months pp and still in pain (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458774)

Ineffableanomaly 10-29-2012 06:58 PM

4 months pp and still in pain

I'm 4 months pp and still am in pain in my abdomen and pubic region. it feels like a muscle problem. I carried my baby really low and was really small but gained 50 lbs. I have told doctors about this but they all day everything looks fine up there. would they know if something was seriously wrong with my muscles through a pelvic exam? and is there anything that could be seriously wrong with my muscles? it sucks because my baby is high needs so I try to wear her a lot but I can't a lot of days, she likes to kick me where it hurts while we are sleeping and it sucks. after she was first born for the first 2 months I couldn't walk, I hadto use the electric carts at the grocery store. everyone I talk to send to be fine after birth when their tearing heals. I didn't even tear. My baby was born with a nuchal arm I think it's called, could that have done anything. thanks for listening!

BeccaSueCongdon 10-29-2012 10:13 PM

Mine were still VERY tender about four months out. It took me lots of time and kegels and some abdominal strengthening to heal up. You can google The Tummy Team and email the gal there about videos or local resources. Part of the problem for me was a separation of the abdominal muscles, which is relatively common in pregnancy and can contribute to back pain, pelvic pain and digestive issues. And if you do have a separation there are specific exercises you can do to repair it rather quickly - but most common abdominal exercises (like sit ups or crunches or even planks) actually make it worse unless you heal it first.

I'm 18 months out now and fully healed up. So there's hope! ((hugs)). But I vividly remember how difficult that pain was, and many times wished that I had just had a repeat cs instead of a vbac, bc the pelvic floor pain lasted WAY longer than my cs recovery. But now that it's healed I feel more objective. :-)

cali4niachef 10-29-2012 10:27 PM

Re: 4 months pp and still in pain

I would seek out assistance from Maya Abdominal Massage and a webster certified Chiropractor.

If the issue is diastasis look into the Tupler Technique.

raisingcropsandbabies 10-30-2012 04:47 AM

Do you think your abdominal wall separated while pregnant (diastasis recti)? If you google that there is a technique to see if they did (you can feel it) and then there is an exercise, specifically, to help close up that wall. I have also heard you should wait a bit before getting pregnant if this has happened (I read up on it when I thought I had one, but it was a hernia). Don't do crunchs/ab work until you know.

nicksgrl126 11-01-2012 11:54 AM

I saw a Chiro during pregnancy and at six weeks pp. I never believed in them before that!