Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why are retailers dropping Sloomb? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458853)

Beesgirl 10-30-2012 06:52 AM

Why are retailers dropping Sloomb?

Does anyone know what business practices are in question causing retailers to drop them?

SamanthaSews 10-30-2012 07:02 AM

I've been wondering the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Kabuki24 10-30-2012 07:21 AM

Re: Why are retailers dropping Sloomb?

I haven't noticed this.

Ainmemphis 10-30-2012 07:24 AM

I'm not a retailer so this is pure speculation but I heard the pre-order amount is pretty high and the wait is long so my theory is a retailer has to shell out more$$ and wait awhile before they get product to sell and make a return. I'd love to hear from an actual retailer to fill us in.

Kabuki24 10-30-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis (Post 15874704)
I'm not a retailer so this is pure speculation but I heard the pre-order amount is pretty high and the wait is long so my theory is a retailer has to shell out more$$ and wait awhile before they get product to sell and make a return. I'd love to hear from an actual retailer to fill us in.

I bet you're right.

keen1981 10-30-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis

This is probably likely. When ordering items you have get invoiced and have a certain amount of time to pay the bill. And sometimes it percentages of the bill in several phases. If they require that you order such a high amount, that you can't pay the amount within that time frame from sold merchandise, then you have to pull from other areas. I paid invoices for a long time and the terms were often really interesting with some companies.

Beesgirl 10-30-2012 07:29 AM

My impression was that it was an ethical issue but maybe I read it wrong.

Kabuki24 10-30-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 15874715)
This is probably likely. When ordering items you have get invoiced and have a certain amount of time to pay the bill. And sometimes it percentages of the bill in several phases. If they require that you order such a high amount, that you can't pay the amount within that time frame from sold merchandise, then you have to pull from other areas. I paid invoices for a long time and the terms were often really interesting with some companies.

A lot of companies will let you pre-order but charge you once the product ships, which is nice. I'm guessing Sloomb isn't like this though.

southernbelle04 10-30-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beesgirl
My impression was that it was an ethical issue but maybe I read it wrong.

I had the same impression.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

nonipie 10-30-2012 07:50 AM

My local store said that it was because of them not delivering goods within the time frame they said they would. She made it sound like customers had already paid and Sloomb had still not shipped the stock 4-5 months later and were giving her the run around. Then of course her customers were upset. Personally I just have never understood the cost for stuff that is machine knit in China when I can get Disana within a few days and it's great quality.