Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Grovia Hybrids or BG Freetime??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458856)

oneproudmommy 10-30-2012 08:06 AM

Grovia Hybrids or BG Freetime???

I discovered cloth diapering when my son was 18 months old and bought a huge stash of grovia hybrid diapers, (I think I have 22 covers and 35 soakers). I really had no idea what I was doing and bought them before even learning what an AIO was. They have been great but when my daughter was born I used xs bg's on her and I LOVE them. My son is now potty training and I'm wondering if I should save the grovias for my daughter or destash and buy some freetime's.

Have any of you Mama's tried both? Which do you like better? Do you think it would be worth it to sell my grovia's and replace them with BGF's?

katy_green 10-30-2012 11:22 AM

Re: Grovia Hybrids or BG Freetime???

I really like the Grovia hybrids, but I haven't tried the BGFs.

Beesgirl 10-30-2012 11:36 AM

I only use natural fibers so I would choose GroVia for that reason.

TrennaII 10-30-2012 01:40 PM

I've heard (in "Extra Fluffy" there's a thread) that it's tricky to get poop off the Freetimes.

I do like the fit of the BumGenius line but I ended up using the Grovia AIO because it fit even better, was trim and versatile, and washed and dried better. I much prefer the single flap with an extra snap-in doubler, to the flaps BG uses.

In fact, instead of snapping in the doubler I laid it on top, which made it REALLY easy to get solids off the diaper.

oneproudmommy 10-31-2012 02:43 PM

Do you think it would be easier if I used liners?

Mom2ManyBlessings 10-31-2012 09:09 PM

I love how easy Freetimes are. Grab and go. I have never had issues with microfiber (but I do add a lil bleach to each wash) and I love that they absorb a lot and are stay dry. Easy works well for me :goodvibes:

BabybeeMommy 11-01-2012 12:17 AM

I love my Freetimes... it's all I have right now with the exception of Thirsties for overnights (because they have elastic on the front and my baby's poop tends to flow out the top sometimes in the BGs if she sleeps on her belly). I use flushable liners and haven't had a problem with cleaning it of

I have considered the Grovias only to add some cute prints and because I feel they'd be trim but otherwise I really have no reason to add anything to the freetimes

avismomma816 11-01-2012 12:21 AM

Freetimes dry so fast and you can fold one of the flaps down, whether it be for a girl or boy, to meet their areas of soaking. You don't have to worry about putting a soaker in and it's an AIO! It's awesome

RockinLou 11-01-2012 01:08 AM

Why not buy 1 to try, you don't have to overhaul the entire stash to see if you like them!

qhorses8 11-01-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinLou (Post 15882336)
Why not buy 1 to try, you don't have to overhaul the entire stash to see if you like them!

This,

I like grovia trimness and DH likes freetimes. For some reason DH doesn't like how grovia go on?. Why are you looking at switching?-what about the Freetime apeals to you over grovia.