Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Dr. appt. in an hour. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458865)

leyash 10-30-2012 08:37 AM

Dr. appt. in an hour.

Called the doctor yesterday about some pains/cramping I've been having. They are concerned that I am contracting. I'm only 13 weeks... so I am going in in about an hour to get looked at/make sure baby is fine.

Please pray that baby peanut is healthy and happy in there, and that everything is a-ok with mommy, too! Going to talk to them about a swab for bacterial vaginosis, as well as checking my thyroid.

Thanks, ladies. Appreciate it.

MommaLEB 10-30-2012 09:41 AM

Re: Dr. appt. in an hour.

I hope things are okay! You should get a urine culture too, even low level infections can cause contraction feelings!

iwiamandaiwi 10-30-2012 10:04 AM

praying for you! can't wait for an update!

leyash 10-30-2012 10:34 AM

Heartrate is in the 150's. Cervix is closed, long, and high. Moderated bedrest and pelvic rest for 2 weeks. Go back in three weeks for early diabetes test.

iwiamandaiwi 10-30-2012 10:44 AM

Good News! Take care of yourself, I hope that it goes away

devon 10-30-2012 01:36 PM

I've had braxton hicks earlier and earlier with each pregnancy - they started around 12 weeks with #3 and I'm having them periodically now with #4 (I'm 13 weeks now). Could it be that? Rest up and drink a lot of water, as well as trying to keep your bladder empty.

leyash 10-30-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devon (Post 15876100)
I've had braxton hicks earlier and earlier with each pregnancy - they started around 12 weeks with #3 and I'm having them periodically now with #4 (I'm 13 weeks now). Could it be that? Rest up and drink a lot of water, as well as trying to keep your bladder empty.

It could be that. He said that it's too early (I know doctors are sometimes clueless). Anyway... he said even if they are contractions, they aren't productive right now, and since my cervix is not open, a cerclage is not necessary. He said lots of fluids, moderate bedrest (no running around with the kids outside) and pelvic rest (poor hubby) for two weeks. When I go back in three weeks, he'll check my cervix again if I'm still complaining about them. I've only had two today that I've noticed... so I personally am leaning more toward BH myself.

PoshPants 10-30-2012 03:59 PM

did they do vag ultrasound to measure the cervix?

nursenmom 10-30-2012 04:11 PM

It's amazing how different docs can be. I had a couple days at right around 13 weeks where I was having a lot of these. I told the doctor and he basically told me it was too early to have contractions and that they were "spasms" and to make sure to drink more water. I'm pretty sure they were BH which I've had every time early on. I went in the hospital with them at 22 weeks with my first and they registered on the monitor, they gave me something to stop contractions and sent me home. Last time they started around 18 weeks, and with this one around 13. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the movements from my uterus I don't know.

It's hard to know when to worry though when people do have preterm labor. I'm just trusting my body and if they start to feel different than before I'll worry then.

leyash 10-30-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoshPants (Post 15876735)
did they do vag ultrasound to measure the cervix?

No. Can't they feel how long the cervix is?